R/Finance 2017: Call for Papers

Threaded

R/Finance 2017: Call for Papers

Joshua Ulrich
Call for Papers:

R/Finance 2017: Applied Finance with R
May 19 and 20, 2017
University of Illinois at Chicago

The ninth annual R/Finance conference for applied finance using R will
be held on May 19 and 20, 2017 in Chicago, IL, USA at the University
of Illinois at Chicago.  The conference will cover topics including
portfolio management, time series analysis, advanced risk tools,
high-performance computing, market microstructure, and econometrics.
All will be discussed within the context of using R as a primary tool
for financial risk management, portfolio construction, and trading.

Over the past eight years, R/Finance has included attendees from
around the world.  It has featured presentations from prominent
academics and practitioners, and we anticipate another exciting
line-up for 2017.

We invite you to submit complete papers in pdf format for
consideration.  We will also consider one-page abstracts (in txt or
pdf format) although more complete papers are preferred.  We welcome
submissions for both full talks and abbreviated "lightning talks."
Both academic and practitioner proposals related to R are encouraged.

All slides will be made publicly available at conference time.
Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide working R code to
accompany the slides.  Data sets should also be made public for the
purposes of reproducibility (though we realize this may be limited due
to contracts with data vendors).  Preference may be given to
presenters who have released R packages.

Financial assistance for travel and accommodation may be available to
presenters, however requests must be made at the time of submission.
Assistance will be granted at the discretion of the conference
committee.

Please submit proposals online at http://go.uic.edu/rfinsubmit.

Submissions will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis with a
final deadline of February 28, 2017.  Submitters will be notified via
email by March 31, 2017 of acceptance, presentation length, and
financial assistance (if requested).

Additional details will be announced via the conference website

http://www.RinFinance.com/

as they become available.  Information on previous years' presenters
and their presentations are also at the conference website.  We will
make a separate announcement when registration opens.

For the program committee:
Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Brian Peterson, Dale
Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan, Joshua Ulrich

--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com

Threaded

Re: R/Finance 2017: Call for Papers

Joshua Ulrich
A friendly reminder that the CFP deadline is tomorrow!

R/Finance 2017 | www.rinfinance.com