R/Finance 2018: Call for Papers

Joshua Ulrich
R/Finance 2018: Applied Finance with R
June 1 and 2, 2018
University of Illinois at Chicago

Call For Papers

The tenth annual R/Finance conference for applied finance using R will
be held June 1 and 2, 2018 in Chicago, IL, USA at the University of
Illinois at Chicago (https://www.uic.edu). The conference will cover
topics including portfolio management, time series analysis, advanced
risk tools, high-performance computing, market microstructure, and
econometrics. All will be discussed within the context of using R as a
primary tool for financial risk management, portfolio construction,
and trading.

Over the past nine years, R/Finance has included attendees from around
the world. It has featured presentations from prominent academics and
practitioners, and we anticipate another exciting line-up for 2018.

We invite you to submit complete papers in pdf format for
consideration. We will also consider one-page abstracts (in txt or pdf
format) although more complete papers are preferred. We welcome
submissions for both full talks and abbreviated lightning talks. Both
academic and practitioner proposals related to R are encouraged.

All slides will be made publicly available at conference time.
Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide working R code to
accompany the slides. Data sets should also be made public for the
purposes of reproducibility (though we realize this may be limited due
to contracts with data vendors). Preference may be given to presenters
who have released R packages.

Please submit proposals online at

http://go.uic.edu/rfinsubmit

Submissions will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis with a
final submission deadline of February 2, 2018. Submitters will be
notified via email by March 2, 2018 of acceptance, presentation
length, and financial assistance (if requested).

Financial assistance for travel and accommodation may be available to
presenters. Requests for financial assistance do not affect acceptance
decisions. Requests should be made at the time of submission. Requests
made after submission are much less likely to be fulfilled. Assistance
will be granted at the discretion of the conference committee.

Additional details will be announced via the conference website
(http://www.rinfinance.com) as they become available. Information on
previous years' presenters and their presentations are also at the
conference website. We will make a separate announcement when
registration opens.

For the program committee:
Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Brian Peterson,
Dale Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan, Joshua Ulrich

--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com

Re: R/Finance 2018: Call for Papers

Joshua Ulrich
A friendly reminder that the CFP closes tomorrow!