R- License

Antonio_Paredes
Hello. We are trying to install R on our network, and I wanted to ask if
there is a user license agreement. I will be grateful if somebody can send
me a link to it; if one exists.

Thank you very much

Antonio Paredes
USDA- Center for Veterinary Biologics
Biometrics Unit
510 South 17th Street, Suite 104
Ames, IA 50010
(515) 232-5785

Re: R- License

Doran, Harold
Type license() for this info

Re: R- License

Rau, Roland

> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of
> [hidden email]
> Subject: [R] R- License
>
> Hello. We are trying to install R on our network, and I
> wanted to ask if
> there is a user license agreement. I will be grateful if
> somebody can send
> me a link to it; if one exists.

if you have it installed already (maybe on your own computer), you can
enter
licence()
or
license()

which should give you, hopefully, what you are looking for. If you
haven't installed it, I pasted the output below.
Hope this helps,
Roland

> licence()

This software is distributed under the terms of the GNU GENERAL
PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991.  The terms of this license
are in a file called COPYING which you should have received with
this software.

If you have not received a copy of this file, you can obtain one
via WWW at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, or by writing to:

   The Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
   59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

A small number of files (the API header files and export files,
listed in R_HOME/COPYRIGHTS) are distributed under the
LESSER GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 2.1.
This can be obtained via WWW at
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html, or by writing to the
address above

``Share and Enjoy.''

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}

Re: R- License

Roger Bivand
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello. We are trying to install R on our network, and I wanted to ask if
> there is a user license agreement. I will be grateful if somebody can send
> me a link to it; if one exists.

In addition to license() from an installed R, you can link through:

http://www.r-project.org/about.html

to:

http://www.r-project.org/COPYING

The same information is in the FAQ: