R - Web - Interfaces

Marie Duarte
Hi,

The information on the following link concerning web interfaces to R appears
outdated:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R-Web-Interfaces

Is anybody able to recommend packages to provide GUI like behaviour to
interface with R that would facilitate, eg.
* Rotatable surface plots (similar to LiveGraphics3D for mathematica,
http://www.vis.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/LiveGraphics3D/examples/color_volumes.html
)
* Re-plotting surface plots based on values entered into text boxes (or via
sliders).

Basically, I am looking for an interactive way to present response surfaces
(and the effects of changing factor levels) to end-users without R
installed.

Thanks,
Marie

Re: R - Web - Interfaces

Dieter Menne
Marie Duarte wrote
Is anybody able to recommend packages to provide GUI like behaviour to
interface with R that would facilitate, eg.
* Rotatable surface plots (similar to LiveGraphics3D for mathematica,
http://www.vis.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/LiveGraphics3D/examples/color_volumes.html
My very old way (dating back to 2000) generates the data in R, and displays these with Konrad Polthier's JavaView. Not very elegant nowadays, though, but works on most browsers.

http://www.javaview.de/

http://www.menne-biomed.de/swallow/jswallow3d.php

Dieter