R and factorytalk historian

PIKAL Petr
Hallo all

Does anybody know if R could be used directly with FactoryTalk Historian programme from Rockwell automation.

It is probably possible to use Excel as interface but I would prefer not to.

Best regards.

Petr Pikal
Osobn? ?daje: Informace o zpracov?n? a ochran? osobn?ch ?daj? obchodn?ch partner? PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zve?ejn?ny na: https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information about processing and protection of business partner's personal data are available on website: https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
D?v?rnost: Tento e-mail a jak?koliv k n?mu p?ipojen? dokumenty jsou d?v?rn? a podl?haj? tomuto pr?vn? z?vazn?mu prohl??en? o vylou?en? odpov?dnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: R and factorytalk historian

Jeff Newmiller
R supports a wide range of data transfer methods, Petr... you know for example that if you export data from Excel in CSV format then you can import it to R, yet this solution does not satisfy all users in all cases. What expectations do you have?

Why don't you do some legwork and identify what data formats/mechanisms this "FactoryTalk Historian" understands? E.g. does it understand csv? ODBC? COM? HTTP API?

On December 11, 2018 7:09:23 AM PST, PIKAL Petr <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hallo all
>
>Does anybody know if R could be used directly with FactoryTalk
>Historian programme from Rockwell automation.
>
>It is probably possible to use Excel as interface but I would prefer
>not to.
>
>Best regards.
>
>Petr Pikal
>Osobn? ?daje: Informace o zpracov?n? a ochran? osobn?ch ?daj?
>obchodn?ch partner? PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zve?ejn?ny na:
>https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information
>about processing and protection of business partner's personal data are
>available on website:
>https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
>D?v?rnost: Tento e-mail a jak?koliv k n?mu p?ipojen? dokumenty jsou
>d?v?rn? a podl?haj? tomuto pr?vn? z?vazn?mu prohl??en? o vylou?en?
>odpov?dnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any
>documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the
>legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: R and factorytalk historian

PIKAL Petr
Hi Jeff,

FactoryTalk Historian should be system for operation data management. I am aware of some R capabilities in transfering data and during our training I will ask about the way FTH can export data. From my current knowledge export to Excel via integrated module is possible.

My question was mainly driven by broad expertise among R users and hope that maybe some R user already performed such task and I could learn from his/her experience.

S pozdravem | Best Regards
RNDr. Petr PIKAL
Vedoucí Výzkumu a vývoje | Research Manager
PRECHEZA a.s.
nábř. Dr. Edvarda Beneše 1170/24 | 750 02 Přerov | Czech Republic
Tel: +420 581 252 256 | GSM: +420 724 008 364
[hidden email] | www.precheza.cz

Osobní údaje: Informace o zpracování a ochraně osobních údajů obchodních partnerů PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zveřejněny na: https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information about processing and protection of business partner’s personal data are available on website: https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
> R supports a wide range of data transfer methods, Petr... you know for example
> that if you export data from Excel in CSV format then you can import it to R,
> yet this solution does not satisfy all users in all cases. What expectations do you
> have?
>
> Why don't you do some legwork and identify what data formats/mechanisms
> this "FactoryTalk Historian" understands? E.g. does it understand csv? ODBC?
> COM? HTTP API?
>
> On December 11, 2018 7:09:23 AM PST, PIKAL Petr <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Hallo all
> >
> >Does anybody know if R could be used directly with FactoryTalk
> >Historian programme from Rockwell automation.
> >
> >It is probably possible to use Excel as interface but I would prefer
> >not to.
> >
> >Best regards.
> >
> >Petr Pikal
> >Osobn? ?daje: Informace o zpracov?n? a ochran? osobn?ch ?daj?
> >obchodn?ch partner? PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zve?ejn?ny na:
> >https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information
> >about processing and protection of business partner's personal data are
> >available on website:
> >https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
> >D?v?rnost: Tento e-mail a jak?koliv k n?mu p?ipojen? dokumenty jsou
> >d?v?rn? a podl?haj? tomuto pr?vn? z?vazn?mu prohl??en? o vylou?en?
> >odpov?dnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any
> >documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the
> >legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: R and factorytalk historian

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP)
Dear Petr,

Sorry, no experience with the FTH, but related to this, has anybody gotten R to interface nicely with the Retro Encabulator, providing live read outs of the synchronizing cardinal grammeters?

(my apologies, I just couldn't resist)

Best,
Wolfgang

Well, the final answer is that data from FTH could be transfered to other software **only** through Excel.

Regarding RetroEncabulator, readings could be enahanced by extensive and elaborate use of nanoputian molecules chained together.

Cheers
Petr

Důvěrnost: Tento e-mail a jakékoliv k němu připojené dokumenty jsou důvěrné a podléhají tomuto právně závaznému prohláąení o vyloučení odpovědnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: R and factorytalk historian

Hasan Diwan-2
Could you not script Excel to export automatically to CSV --
https://stackoverflow.com/a/10803229/783412, for example -- and import the
result into R? -- H

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 07:17, PIKAL Petr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Well, the final answer is that data from FTH could be transfered to other
> software **only** through Excel.
>
> Regarding RetroEncabulator, readings could be enahanced by extensive and
> elaborate use of nanoputian molecules chained together.
>
> Cheers
> Petr

If you wish to request my time, please do so using
*bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a *bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable

Re: R and factorytalk historian

PIKAL Petr
Hi

Yes, there should not be any problem with transfering data from Excel to R.

However my trust to Excel is not big, therefore I wanted to avoid such unnecessary intermediate step. But according to FTH lecturers they do not know about any option for direct export to csv or other suitable data format.

It seems that nobody has experience with direct connection FTH to R, so I would like to thank all for their answers and I would consider this topic closed.

Cheers
Petr