Quantcast

[R] lda plotting: labeling x axis and changing y-axis scale

[R] lda plotting: labeling x axis and changing y-axis scale

Wade Wall
Hi all,

I have performed an lda on two groups and have plotted using
plot(x.lda), with x.lda being my lda results.  I have forgotten how to
change the labels of the of the x-axes (they are currently listed as
Group1 and Group 13), and to rescale the y-axis to reflect frequency.
If anyone knows how to do it, I would greatly appreciate the
information.

Wade

Re: [R] lda plotting: labeling x axis and changing y-axis scale

John Kane-2

--- Wade Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have performed an lda on two groups and have
> plotted using
> plot(x.lda), with x.lda being my lda results.  I
> have forgotten how to
> change the labels of the of the x-axes (they are
> currently listed as
> Group1 and Group 13), and to rescale the y-axis to
> reflect frequency.
> If anyone knows how to do it, I would greatly
> appreciate the
> information.
>
> Wade

Wade,
Are you asking about a specific ploting routine in lda
or just how to use the basic plot function.  If the
latter try ?plot.default for what you need.

Re: [R] lda plotting: labeling x axis and changing y-axis scale

Wade Wall
Sorry I wasn't clearer.  I believe that it was a specialized function,
but it may have been plot().

What I am basically trying to do is alter the y-axis to represent
frequency and change the labels on the plotting of the linear
discriminant analysis results.  I can't seem to do this with plot(),
if you know another function, that would be great.  Or if you know how
to alter the y-axis and label the two group names,  that would be
great also.  I have been working at it for a while and am kicking
myself for not saving the commands as a script.

Thanks,

Wade Wall