R map data for South Africa

jgui001
I am looking for some elevation data to map in R for Cape Town, South Africa. Can it be found in any packages or R data bases?

Cheers
Josh

Re: R map data for South Africa

David Winsemius

On Aug 14, 2015, at 9:45 AM, jgui001 wrote:

> I am looking for some elevation data to map in R for Cape Town, South Africa.
> Can it be found in any packages or R data bases?

R has a well developed set of packages for geospatial analysis as well as an active mailing list, R-SIG-GEO. I suggest that you first do a google-search with terms:

 shape file elevation map cape town south africa

After you have put some search time into this, you will be in a better position to ask for help on the correct mailing list. I do not know if that mailing list is mirrored on Nabble. Generally it is recommended that you subscribe to R support mailing lists rather than use Nabble.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: R map data for South Africa

Michael Sumner-2
See ?raster::getData for the SRTM  option.

Hth

On Saturday, August 15, 2015, jgui001 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am looking for some elevation data to map in R for Cape Town, South
Africa.

> Can it be found in any packages or R data bases?
>
> Cheers
>

> -----
> Josh

Michael Sumner