R project global options file

Adrian Friskin
Hello R-help,
                         I currently have R-project 3.4.2 and R-studio 1.1.383 installed on some of our universities computer labs. Since the installation of Visual studio the default version of R installed has changed to the version installed by VS. Users can change the default R version: found in R studio global options but users need to do this every session. Is there a file or setting found on the pc where this information is kept? If so, where is it found.

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Friskin | Senior Technology Support Officer | Learning Environments - Labs Team | Learning Environments
and Technology Services | Queensland University of Technology | Synergy Building Level 3 - LETS, 88 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove 4059 |
ph +61 (07) 3138 3941 | [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | CRICOS No 00213J

Re: R project global options file

David Winsemius

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 10:24 PM, Adrian Friskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello R-help,
>                         I currently have R-project 3.4.2 and R-studio 1.1.383 installed on some of our universities computer labs. Since the installation of Visual studio the default version of R installed has changed to the version installed by VS. Users can change the default R version: found in R studio global options but users need to do this every session. Is there a file or setting found on the pc where this information is kept? If so, where is it found.

This appears to be a question for the vendor of VS (guessing this would be Microsoft).

> Cheers,
>
> Adrian
>
> Adrian Friskin | Senior Technology Support Officer | Learning Environments - Labs Team | Learning Environments
> and Technology Services | Queensland University of Technology | Synergy Building Level 3 - LETS, 88 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove 4059 |
> ph +61 (07) 3138 3941 | [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | CRICOS No 00213J

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: R project global options file

Jeff Newmiller
Alternatively refer to the R Installation and Administration manual, which discusses the various user and site configuration files.

There may be a Windows registry entry also.

On March 17, 2018 11:09:48 AM PDT, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Mar 15, 2018, at 10:24 PM, Adrian Friskin
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello R-help,
>>                         I currently have R-project 3.4.2 and R-studio
>1.1.383 installed on some of our universities computer labs. Since the
>installation of Visual studio the default version of R installed has
>changed to the version installed by VS. Users can change the default R
>version: found in R studio global options but users need to do this
>every session. Is there a file or setting found on the pc where this
>information is kept? If so, where is it found.
>
>This appears to be a question for the vendor of VS (guessing this would
>be Microsoft).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> Adrian Friskin | Senior Technology Support Officer | Learning
>Environments - Labs Team | Learning Environments
>> and Technology Services | Queensland University of Technology |
>Synergy Building Level 3 - LETS, 88 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove 4059 |
>> ph +61 (07) 3138 3941 |
>[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | CRICOS No
>00213J
>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>David Winsemius
>Alameda, CA, USA
>
>'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'
>  -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Re: R project global options file

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 17/03/2018 2:09 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

>> On Mar 15, 2018, at 10:24 PM, Adrian Friskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello R-help,
>>                          I currently have R-project 3.4.2 and R-studio 1.1.383 installed on some of our universities computer labs. Since the installation of Visual studio the default version of R installed has changed to the version installed by VS. Users can change the default R version: found in R studio global options but users need to do this every session. Is there a file or setting found on the pc where this information is kept? If so, where is it found.
>
> This appears to be a question for the vendor of VS (guessing this would be Microsoft).

Or the vendor of RStudio, which seems to have been messed up by VS.

If you hold down the Ctrl key as you're starting RStudio, you can choose
which version of R to start.  For me, that choice persists; I don't know
if it would for Adrian.

Duncan Murdoch