R vs PYTHON vs SAS vs SPSS?

hotprojects
I am a mature learner; 3 masters
some doctoral work “ statistics for social sciences; psychological statistics “
worked in spss and sas 2005 – 2006
now have forgotten ; relearning
my question is this can I do everything in R and Python and SAS studio
that I did in SPSS and the paid variation of SAS we used in doctoral statistics class?
Can I do in Stat in R or Python or SAS studio
everything I need to do in multiple regression; ANOVA; ANCOVA etc
?
that I did/was starting to do in SPSS?

Re: R vs PYTHON vs SAS vs SPSS?

Hasan Diwan-2
Yes

On 30 November 2017 at 22:28, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am a mature learner; 3 masters
> some doctoral work “ statistics for social sciences; psychological
> statistics “
> worked in spss and sas 2005 – 2006
> now have forgotten ; relearning
> my question is this can I do everything in R and Python and SAS studio
> that I did in SPSS and the paid variation of SAS we used in doctoral
> statistics class?
> Can I do in Stat in R or Python or SAS studio
> everything I need to do in multiple regression; ANOVA; ANCOVA etc
> ?
> that I did/was starting to do in SPSS?

> posting-guide.html

If you wish to request my time, please do so using
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable

Re: [FORGED] Re: R vs PYTHON vs SAS vs SPSS?

Rolf Turner

On 01/12/17 20:33, Hasan Diwan wrote:

> Yes.

Very true.  But some *thinking* is required; that often proves to be a
formidable stumbling block.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

> On 30 November 2017 at 22:28, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am a mature learner; 3 masters
>> some doctoral work “ statistics for social sciences; psychological
>> statistics “
>> worked in spss and sas 2005 – 2006
>> now have forgotten ; relearning
>> my question is this can I do everything in R and Python and SAS studio
>> that I did in SPSS and the paid variation of SAS we used in doctoral
>> statistics class?
>> Can I do in Stat in R or Python or SAS studio
>> everything I need to do in multiple regression; ANOVA; ANCOVA etc
>> ?
>> that I did/was starting to do in SPSS?

Re: [FORGED] Re: R vs PYTHON vs SAS vs SPSS?

Jérémie Juste
Rolf Turner <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 01/12/17 20:33, Hasan Diwan wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>
> Very true.  But some *thinking* is required; that often proves to be a
> formidable stumbling block.

Or one of the best decision you'll ever take.   You cannot master SAS without expensive
courses and information does not spread as fast as in R. The real power
in R is it's community in my opinion. "We think therefore we
R". We think as a community. Welcome :-)

Best,
Jeremie