Quantcast

RMark error: only 0's may be mixed with negative subscripts

RMark error: only 0's may be mixed with negative subscripts

Umesh Srinivasan
Hi all,

I have just started using RMark to analyse capture-recapture data. I am
trying to analyse a simulated data set using the Robust Design (two primary
periods with three secondary sessions in each) to estimate apparent
survival. On specifying the time intervals (that tell R about the primary
and secondary sampling sessions), this is the error I get:

> time.int <- c(0,0,1,0,0)
> model <- mark(dat, model = "Robust", time.intervals = time.int)
Error in time.intervals[1:(i - 1)] :
  only 0's may be mixed with negative subscripts

This is what I tried to do overall:

###################

library(RMark)

dat <- import.chdata("/home/umesh/Desktop/capture history.txt")
head(dat)

time.int <- c(0,0,1,0,0)
model <- mark(dat, model = "Robust", time.intervals = time.int)

###################

I am attaching the simulated capture histories in the file 'capture
history.txt' as well if that will help.

Thanks in advance,

Umesh Srinivasan
National Centre for Biological Sciences
Bangalore, India

capture history.txt (590 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: RMark error: only 0's may be mixed with negative subscripts

Jlaake
Umesh-

You should contact the package maintainer or a SIG with a question about
a package.  RMark isn't posted on CRAN so it is unlikely most folks will
even know about it.  There is a support forum for MARK and RMark on the
phidot site where you got them.  I'll look at your data and problem and
will get back to you.  I suggest that you subscribe to the phidot forum.

Jeff Laake (RMark maintainer)