ROC within SEM

Palmer, Raymond F
Dear R group.
Does anyone have an idea how to utilize a latent variable in an ROC (AUC) analysis? I want to create a latent variable, then use that latent construct as a continuous variable in an ROC.
I understand both SEM and ROC analysis can be done in R, but how to use the latent variable in the ROC is the issue.
Thanks for any insights.
Best, Ray

Ray Palmer, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Family and Community Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
210-827-7681

Re: ROC within SEM

David Winsemius

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Palmer, Raymond F <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear R group.
> Does anyone have an idea how to utilize a latent variable in an ROC (AUC) analysis? I want to create a latent variable, then use that latent construct as a continuous variable in an ROC.
> I understand both SEM and ROC analysis can be done in R, but how to use the latent variable in the ROC is the issue.
> Thanks for any insights.
> Best, Ray
>
> Ray Palmer, Ph.D.
> Professor
> Department of Family and Community Medicine
> University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> 210-827-7681
>

> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

There are two sections from the Posting Guide that may be relevant:

---begin--
Questions about statistics: The R mailing lists are primarily intended for questions and discussion about the R software. However, questions about statistical methodology are sometimes posted. If the question is well-asked and of interest to someone on the list, it may elicit an informative up-to-date answer. See also the Usenet groups sci.stat.consult (applied statistics and consulting) and sci.stat.math (mathematical stat and probability).
---end-----

Frankly I would not considered this question to be "well-asked" but anyone is free to dispute this or to take on the task of asking clarifying questions.

(Those newsgroups are basically defunct.)

---begin--
        • No HTML posting (harder to detect spam) (note that this is the default in some mail clients - you may have to turn it off). Note that chances have become relatively high for ‘HTMLified’ e-mails to be completely intercepted (without notice to the sender).
---end-

One of the effects of redistribution by a mail-server is the removal of the identity of your mail-client, so advice about that concern can only be "RTFM".

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: ROC within SEM

Eric Berger
Hi Ray,
Have you done any search at all? I did a search on "R package ROC latent
variable" and got several hits.
In particular the package randomLCA seems relevant

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/randomLCA/vignettes/randomLCA-package.pdf

I glanced at the documentation which mentions 2 other R packages that also
seem to address your needs - poLCA and BayesLCA.

HTH,
Eric