RQuantLib

rsherry8

I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also want to install
the package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get the
following output:

 >  install.packages("RQuantLib")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning message:
package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)

The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong. Is the package
going to be updated for the latest version of R?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: RQuantLib

Joshua Ulrich
On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also want to install the
> package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get the following
> output:
>
>>  install.packages("RQuantLib")
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning message:
> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)
>
> The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong. Is the package
> going to be updated for the latest version of R?

Windows binary packages are only built for the most current (major)
version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you will
have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from source.

> Thanks,
> Bob

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
R/Finance 2018 | www.rinfinance.com

Re: RQuantLib

rsherry8
Joshua,

Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work. Here is
what I got:

 > install.packages("RQuantLib")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning message:
package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)

Please help.
Thanks,
Bob Sherry

On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also want to install the
>> package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get the following
>> output:
>>
>>>   install.packages("RQuantLib")
>> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>> Warning message:
>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)
>>
>> The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong. Is the package
>> going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>>
> Windows binary packages are only built for the most current (major)
> version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you will
> have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from source.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob

Re: RQuantLib

Orvalho Augusto
Hi Bob,

I don't know what is the cause of your trouble but try this:
1. Download the zip of package.

2. And install it from local zip files. This you find on the Packages menu.

Hope it helps
OA

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I upgraded
> to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I attempted to
> install the package RQuantLib but it did not work. Here is what I got:
>
> > install.packages("RQuantLib")
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> Warning message:
> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>

> Please help.
> Thanks,
> Bob Sherry
>

> On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also want to install
>>> the
>>> package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get the following
>>> output:
>>>
>>>   install.packages("RQuantLib")
>>>>
>>> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>>> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>>> Warning message:
>>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)
>>>
>>> The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong. Is the package
>>> going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>>>
>>> Windows binary packages are only built for the most current (major)
>> version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you will
>> have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>> Bob

>>> ng-guide.html

> ng-guide.html

Re: RQuantLib

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Bob

In fact the current release is 3.4.3 I can think of no reason why that
should matter here but it might be worth trying to upgrade to it.

Michael

On 29/12/2017 18:31, rsherry8 wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
> upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
> attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work. Here is
> what I got:
>
>  > install.packages("RQuantLib")
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> Warning message:
> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>

> Please help.
> Thanks,
> Bob Sherry
>
> On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also want to
>>> install the
>>> package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get the following
>>> output:

>>> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>>> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>>> Warning message:
>>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4 Revised)
>>>
>>> The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong. Is the package
>>> going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>>>
>> Windows binary packages are only built for the most current (major)
>> version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you will
>> have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from source.
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html

Re: RQuantLib

Jeff Newmiller
Sometimes that message appears when using a CRAN mirror that is not up-to-date or has communication problems. Might also try another mirror.

On December 30, 2017 5:25:15 AM PST, Michael Dewey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear Bob
>
>In fact the current release is 3.4.3 I can think of no reason why that
>should matter here but it might be worth trying to upgrade to it.
>
>Michael
>
>On 29/12/2017 18:31, rsherry8 wrote:
>> Joshua,
>>
>> Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
>> upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
>> attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work. Here
>is
>> what I got:
>>
>>  > install.packages("RQuantLib")
>> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
>> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>> Warning message:
>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>>

>> Please help.
>> Thanks,
>> Bob Sherry
>>
>> On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>following

>‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’

>package
>>>>
>>> Windows binary packages are only built for the most current (major)
>>> version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you will
>>> have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from
>source.

>--
>Michael
>http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html

Re: RQuantLib

rsherry8
OA,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file RQuantLib_0.4.4.tar.gz
into a directory c:\r.zip on my Windows machine. I then ran the
following command and I received the following output:

 > install.packages("RQuantLib", lib="/r.zip/")
Warning message:
package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.3)

I did not unpack the .gz file. Should I have?

Please comment.
Bob Sherry

On 12/30/2017 2:24 AM, Orvalho Augusto wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I don't know what is the cause of your trouble but try this:
> 1. Download the zip of package.
>
> 2. And install it from local zip files. This you find on the Packages
> menu.
>
> Hope it helps
> OA
>

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Joshua,
>
>     Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
>     upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
>     attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work.
>     Here is what I got:
>
>     > install.packages("RQuantLib")
>     Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
>     (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>     Warning message:
>     package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>

>     Please help.
>     Thanks,
>     Bob Sherry
>

>     On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>
>         On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8
>
>             I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also
>             want to install the
>             package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get
>             the following
>             output:
>
>                   install.packages("RQuantLib")
>
>             Installing package into
>             ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>             (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>             --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>             Warning message:
>             package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4
>             Revised)
>
>             The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong.
>             Is the package
>             going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>
>         Windows binary packages are only built for the most current
>         (major)
>         version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you
>         will
>         have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from
>         source.
>
>             Thanks,
>             Bob

>             and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
>             reproducible code.

Re: RQuantLib

rsherry8
Jeff,

I tired another mirror but that did not work. I tired the following two
commands:

 > ap <- available.packages()
 > View(ap)

The output of the View command showed numerous packages available but it
did not show RQuantLib.

Bob Sherry

On 12/30/2017 8:48 AM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> Sometimes that message appears when using a CRAN mirror that is not up-to-date or has communication problems. Might also try another mirror.
> -- Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity. On December 30, 2017
> 5:25:15 AM PST, Michael Dewey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >Dear Bob
>> >
>> >In fact the current release is 3.4.3 I can think of no reason why that
>> >should matter here but it might be worth trying to upgrade to it.
>> >
>> >Michael

>> >is

>> >following

>> >‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’

>> >package

>> >source.

>> >--
>> >Michael
>> >http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html

>> >and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Re: RQuantLib

Jeff Newmiller
I am not a user of this package, but I think you should read [1], particularly the README and system requirements. You may need to learn about compiling from source (.tar.gz) if you cannot find a recent precompiled package file (.zip).

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RQuantLib/index.html

On December 30, 2017 8:08:55 AM PST, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>I tired another mirror but that did not work. I tired the following two
>
>commands:
>
> > ap <- available.packages()
> > View(ap)
>
>The output of the View command showed numerous packages available but
>it
>did not show RQuantLib.
>
>Bob Sherry
>
>On 12/30/2017 8:48 AM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>> Sometimes that message appears when using a CRAN mirror that is not
>up-to-date or has communication problems. Might also try another
>mirror.
>> -- Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity. On December 30, 2017

>that

>Here

>‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’

>Revised)

>the

>(major)
>will

>code.

>code.

Re: RQuantLib

David Winsemius

> On Dec 30, 2017, at 7:54 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OA,
>
> Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file RQuantLib_0.4.4.tar.gz
> into a directory c:\r.zip on my Windows machine. I then ran the
> following command and I received the following output:
>
>> install.packages("RQuantLib", lib="/r.zip/")
> Warning message:
> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.3)

The install.packages command should include repo=NULL when installing from local binary package, and it also should include type="source when the package is not binary.

> I did not unpack the .gz file. Should I have?
>
> Please comment.
> Bob Sherry
>
> On 12/30/2017 2:24 AM, Orvalho Augusto wrote:
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> I don't know what is the cause of your trouble but try this:
>> 1. Download the zip of package.
>>
>> 2. And install it from local zip files. This you find on the Packages
>> menu.
>>
>> Hope it helps
>> OA
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>    Joshua,
>>
>>    Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
>>    upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
>>    attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work.
>>    Here is what I got:
>>
>>> install.packages("RQuantLib")
>>    Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
>>    (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>    Warning message:
>>    package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>>

>>    Please help.
>>    Thanks,
>>    Bob Sherry
>>

>>    On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>>
>>        On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8
>>        <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>            I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also
>>            want to install the
>>            package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get
>>            the following
>>            output:
>>
>>                  install.packages("RQuantLib")
>>
>>            Installing package into
>>            ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>>            (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>            --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>>            Warning message:
>>            package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4
>>            Revised)
>>
>>            The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong.
>>            Is the package
>>            going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>>
>>        Windows binary packages are only built for the most current
>>        (major)
>>        version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you
>>        will
>>        have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from
>>        source.
>>
>>            Thanks,
>>            Bob

>>            and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
>>            reproducible code.

>>    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: RQuantLib

David Winsemius

> On Dec 30, 2017, at 9:44 AM, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 30, 2017, at 7:54 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OA,
>>
>> Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file RQuantLib_0.4.4.tar.gz
>> into a directory c:\r.zip on my Windows machine. I then ran the
>> following command and I received the following output:
>>
>>> install.packages("RQuantLib", lib="/r.zip/")
>> Warning message:
>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.3)
>
> The install.packages command should include repo=NULL when installing from local binary package, and it also should include type="source when the package is not binary.

Furthermore, the system requirements in the DESCRIPTION file are:

SystemRequirements: QuantLib library (>= 1.8.0) from http://quantlib.org, Boost library from http://www.boost.org

>> I did not unpack the .gz file. Should I have?
>>
>> Please comment.
>> Bob Sherry
>>
>> On 12/30/2017 2:24 AM, Orvalho Augusto wrote:
>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> I don't know what is the cause of your trouble but try this:
>>> 1. Download the zip of package.
>>>
>>> 2. And install it from local zip files. This you find on the Packages
>>> menu.
>>>
>>> Hope it helps
>>> OA
>>>

>>> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Joshua,
>>>
>>>   Thanks for the response. When you said at least version 3.4.0, I
>>>   upgraded to 3.4.2 which I believe is the current version. Now, I
>>>   attempted to install the package RQuantLib but it did not work.
>>>   Here is what I got:

>>>   Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
>>>   (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>>   Warning message:
>>>   package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.2)
>>>

>>>   Please help.
>>>   Thanks,
>>>   Bob Sherry
>>>

>>>   On 12/28/2017 10:28 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
>>>
>>>       On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM, rsherry8
>>>       <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>           I have recently installed R on my new computer. I also
>>>           want to install the
>>>           package RQuantLib. So I run the following command and get
>>>           the following
>>>           output:
>>>
>>>                 install.packages("RQuantLib")
>>>
>>>           Installing package into
>>>           ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
>>>           (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>>>           --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>>>           Warning message:
>>>           package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.2.4
>>>           Revised)
>>>
>>>           The package did not install. Am I doing something wrong.
>>>           Is the package
>>>           going to be updated for the latest version of R?
>>>
>>>       Windows binary packages are only built for the most current
>>>       (major)
>>>       version of R.  You need to upgrade to at least R-3.4.0, or you
>>>       will
>>>       have to install RQuantLib (and therefore QuantLib itself) from
>>>       source.
>>>
>>>           Thanks,
>>>           Bob

>>>           and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
>>>           reproducible code.

>>>   and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> David Winsemius
> Alameda, CA, USA
>
> 'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: RQuantLib

David Winsemius

> On Dec 30, 2017, at 9:46 AM, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 30, 2017, at 9:44 AM, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On Dec 30, 2017, at 7:54 AM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> OA,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file RQuantLib_0.4.4.tar.gz
>>> into a directory c:\r.zip on my Windows machine. I then ran the
>>> following command and I received the following output:

>>> Warning message:
>>> package ‘RQuantLib’ is not available (for R version 3.4.3)
>>
>> The install.packages command should include repo=NULL when installing from local binary package, and it also should include type="source"

Added the missing dbl-quote.

>>  when the package is not binary.
>
> Furthermore, the system requirements in the DESCRIPTION file are:
>

> SystemRequirements: QuantLib library (>= 1.8.0) from http://quantlib.org, Boost library from http://www.boost.org

And finally (perhaps):

The binaries at CRAN for windows are still at 0.4.2 so you might consider install that version from source:

RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz at https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RQuantLib/RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz

>>> I did not unpack the .gz file. Should I have?
>>>
>>> Please comment.
>>> Bob Sherry

>> David Winsemius
>> Alameda, CA, USA
>>
>> 'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

> David Winsemius
> Alameda, CA, USA
>
> 'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: RQuantLib

rsherry8
Based upon comments I received on the R-Help list, I ran the following
commands and got the following output:

 >  drat::addRepo("ghrr")
 >  install.packages("RQuantLib", type="binary")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/rsher/Documents/R/win-library/3.4’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: unable to access index for repository
https://ghrr.github.io/drat/bin/windows/contrib/3.4:
   cannot open URL
'https://ghrr.github.io/drat/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/PACKAGES'
also installing the dependency ‘Rcpp’

trying URL 'https://cran.uib.no/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/Rcpp_0.12.14.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 4358936 bytes (4.2 MB)
downloaded 4.2 MB

trying URL 'https://cran.uib.no/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/RQuantLib_0.4.2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 7259503 bytes (6.9 MB)
downloaded 6.9 MB

package ‘Rcpp’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
package ‘RQuantLib’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\rsher\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp0OoZCW\downloaded_packages

This time, I used the mirror in Europe rather than a mirror in the
United States and it worked. I am wondering if that matters. I want to
thank everybody for their help.

Bob Sherry