Rank ANCOVA

Jackson, Daniel
Hi Frank and Dennis

I am in a similar situation but I would prefer to use a proportional odds model. 2 questions.

  1.  Has rank ancova been implemented in R now, despite its short comings?
  2.  Where has it been shown to yield unreliable analyses? I would like this evidence (which I believe but I would like to convince others!).

Thanks, Dan

Re: Rank ANCOVA

Peter Dalgaard-2
1. This is the R-help mailing list, not "Frank and Dennis"
2. You seem to be referring to two posts from July 2010 by Frank Harrell and Dennis Fisher.

-pd

> On 13 Mar 2019, at 12:06 , Jackson, Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank and Dennis
>
> I am in a similar situation but I would prefer to use a proportional odds model. 2 questions.
>

>  1.  Has rank ancova been implemented in R now, despite its short comings?
>  2.  Where has it been shown to yield unreliable analyses? I would like this evidence (which I believe but I would like to convince others!).
>
> Thanks, Dan

Re: Rank ANCOVA

Jackson, Daniel
Thanks I am now in personal communication with Frank anyway!

Dan

1. This is the R-help mailing list, not "Frank and Dennis"
2. You seem to be referring to two posts from July 2010 by Frank Harrell and Dennis Fisher.

-pd

> On 13 Mar 2019, at 12:06 , Jackson, Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank and Dennis
>
> I am in a similar situation but I would prefer to use a proportional odds model. 2 questions.
>

>  1.  Has rank ancova been implemented in R now, despite its short comings?
>  2.  Where has it been shown to yield unreliable analyses? I would like this evidence (which I believe but I would like to convince others!).
>
> Thanks, Dan

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

AstraZeneca UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number:03674842 and its registered office at 1 Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AA.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. If they have come to you in error, you must not copy or show them to anyone; instead, please reply to this e-mail, highlighting the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message. For information about how AstraZeneca UK Limited and its affiliates may process information, personal data and monitor communications, please see our privacy notice at www.astrazeneca.com<https://www.astrazeneca.com>

Re: Rank ANCOVA

David Winsemius
If you are looking for robust multivariate or multivariable methods,
then review the Robust Methods Task View:

https://cran.r-project.org/view=Robust

--

David.