Rblpapi + Bloomber Anywhere + mac os

Paweł Gołębiewski
Hi,
Do you guys have any experience using Rblpapi on Bloomberg Anywhere machine
and mac OS? Is it working at all, as I read different stories on various
forums and I've read that there is no softwere (binaries of Anywhere) for
mac OS as it is for Windows.

Thx,

Regards,
PG

Re: Rblpapi + Bloomber Anywhere + mac os

Daniel Cegiełka

> Do you guys have any experience using Rblpapi on Bloomberg Anywhere machine
> and mac OS? Is it working at all, as I read different stories on various
> forums and I've read that there is no softwere (binaries of Anywhere) for
> mac OS as it is for Windows.

Hi Paweł! :)

Unfortunately, we use Bloomberg only on windows, so I don't know how
well my answer will be correct.

Bloomberg API Library on Mac OS and Linux are only compatible with the
Bloomberg Server API and B-Pipe*, so there is no support for Bloomberg
Anywhere (terminal or browser). However, it looks like you can get
Bloomberg API Library using Bloomberg Excel Add-ins, see this topic:

https://github.com/Rblp/Rblpapi/issues/152

* https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/support/api-library/

Regards,
Daniel