Re: Problems installing R 2.1.1. from rpm

Re: Problems installing R 2.1.1. from rpm

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC
The rpm for R installed fine on my version of SuSE 10. This is probably overkill but from the 'selections' page in yast I enabled the c/c++ compiler and tools then I individually enabled blas and a couple of other things... I don't remember.

Re: Problems installing R 2.1.1. from rpm

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC
"May be there is a difference between SuSE and OpenSuSE nowadays?!

I exclusively use OpenSuSE now and was under the impression those were
equivalent."

The main difference between SuSE and OpenSuSE is that SuSE contains some
non-GPL software not directly available for OpenSuSE. The most obvious
examples are that Adobe Reader, Flash, Java 1.5.x, and RealPlayer come
installable by yast on SuSE whereas you need to find them and manually
install them for OpenSuSE (yawn). A less obvious example is that a
non-GPL soft-modem driver is included in SuSE but not OpenSuSE. Note
that the kernel for SuSE is described as 'non-GPL'.