Re: R, Rcmdr crash on WinXP PRO laptop (PR#8583)

Re: R, Rcmdr crash on WinXP PRO laptop (PR#8583)

Jani.Erola

I think I might have a workaround now. Originally I had all the scripts
on my desktop, so I came to think about if the problem is with the
shortcuts to the other programs or to My computer or something like
that. I put all the scripts to a folder which is still on my desktop,
and I haven't experienced any crashes since. My best guess is that it is
an explorer/graphics card related issue.

JE

Re: R, Rcmdr crash on WinXP PRO laptop (PR#8583)

Shawn Mikula
I had this same issue with Rgui crashing on Windows XP Pro (probably due to
conflicting
graphics card versions) and solved the problem by disabling NVIDEA GeForce4
in Computer Management: Device Manager: Display Adapters.