Quantcast

Re: cannot install RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages

Re: cannot install RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages

Ario Ario
*Hi all,
I got problems installing RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages. *

> install.packages("RSTAR")Installing package(s) into ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘RSTAR’ is not available (for R version 2.15.1)

> install.packages("MSVAR") Installing package(s) into ‘C:/Program
Files/R/R-2.15.1/library’ (as ‘lib’ is unspecified) Warning in
install.packages : package ‘MSVAR’ is not available (for R version 2.15.1)

> install.packages("~/Downloads/MSVAR_0.0.tar.gz", repos = NULL) Installing
package(s) into ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library’ (as ‘lib’ is
unspecified) Warning in install.packages : error 1 in extracting from zip
file Warning in install.packages : cannot open compressed file
'MSVAR_0.0.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'
Error in install.packages : cannot open the connection

> install.packages("MSVECM")Installing package(s) into ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘MSVECM’ is not available (for R version 2.15.1)

*Would someone help me to solve this problem?

Best Regards
Ario*

Re: cannot install RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages

Peter Dalgaard-2

On Jul 30, 2012, at 11:08 , Ario Ario wrote:

> *Hi all,
> I got problems installing RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages. *

No such thing exists on CRAN (nor its Archive section), so little wonder.

Similarly named packages exist for the Ox matrix language, though. Such packages, however, do not readily convert themselves for use with R.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501

Re: cannot install RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages

Uwe Ligges-3

On 30.07.2012 11:42, peter dalgaard wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2012, at 11:08 , Ario Ario wrote:
>
>> *Hi all,
>> I got problems installing RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages. *
>
> No such thing exists on CRAN (nor its Archive section), so little wonder.
>
> Similarly named packages exist for the Ox matrix language, though. Such packages, however, do not readily convert themselves for use with R.

... or they have different names or have been removed from CRAN, see e.g.:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/STAR/index.html

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/MSVAR/index.html

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Re: cannot install RSTAR, MSVAR, and MSVECM packages

Ario Ario
Hi,
Thank you. I've tried to find the substitute of such packages with google,
but I couldn't find any. Could you please tell me how to find it? Sorry,
I'm a beginner user of this software.

Regards,
Ario

On Jul 31, 2012, at 02:50 , Ario Ario wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank you. I've tried to find the substitute of such packages with google, but I couldn't find any. Could you please tell me how to find it? Sorry, I'm a beginner user of this software.

First explain what you want to do and where you got the idea to look for those packages. We are a bit lost at this end if we can't tell whether STAR is for "Smooth Transition AutoRegressive" or "Spike Train Analysis in R"...

-Peter D.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501