Re: lme intervals

Spencer Graves
          Have you tried "?intervals" and "?intervals.lme"?  The following is
an example under "?intervals.lme":

     fm1 <- lme(distance ~ age, Orthodont, random = ~ age | Subject)
      intervals(fm1)

Also, have you checked Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in
S and S-Plus (Springer)?  If this does not meet your needs and you don't
find the answer in the documentation for predict.lme, please provide
self-contained, toy example of what you want, as suggested in the
posting guide! "www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

          hope this helps.
          spencer graves

Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Hi Dieter,
>
> No, because I'm looking for the CIs on the means of baLO of an
> additive model which has 20 cells, exactly as stated. Essentially I
> want to have the values of 'lower' and 'upper' to plug into xYplot
> when used in the form
> xYplot(Cbind(baLO,lower,upper) ~ bar | sub, groups = delta, data=e7).
> Thanks.
>
> On Dec 12, 2005, at 4:53 AM, Dieter Menne wrote:
>

>>Michael Kubovy <kubovy <at> virginia.edu> writes:
>>

>>>I run
>>>e7.lmeb3 <- lme(baLO ~ bar + factor( delta), data = e7, random = ~ 1
>>>

>>... cut
>>
>>>how can I get the CIs for the fixed effects in the 20 cells of the
>>>bar * delta design?
>>>

>>A typo, maybe? Your design is bar+factor(delta), but you want
>>bar*delta?
>>
>>Dieter

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer