Read a text file from a directory in which an R script finds itself

Read a text file from a directory in which an R script finds itself

ppaarrkk
Is it possible for an R script to read a text file, say, from the directory in which the script is located ?

I don't think I can use setwd(), because I can't specify the directory.

Re: Re ad a text file from a directory in which an R script finds itself

Rau, Roland

maybe you have to be a bit more specific?
What do you mean by "I can't specify..."?
- you don't know how to specify the directory ->
setwd("c:/mydirectory/anotherdirectoy/")
mydata <- read.table(.....)
- you don't know the directory...hmmm, how do you know then that the
script file is there?

Does this help?
Roland

This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed, then the address has most likely been faked. If you are uncertain about the validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system administrator for assistance.

Re: Re ad a text file from a directory in which an R script finds itself

Gabor Grothendieck
This is an ugly hack but add this line to your sourced script:

this.dir <- dirname(parent.frame(2)$ofile)

It must be at top level, i.e. not in a function in the script.