Quantcast

Rgraphviz install

June Wong

Hi

I've tried several times and followed what others suggest in installing Rgraphviz (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2008-June/022838.html)
But I could not load library(Rgraphviz).
There's a message that 'This application has failed to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found'

Could anyone suggest me how to make it work?

june

Re: Rgraphviz install

Uwe Ligges-3

June Wong wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've tried several times and followed what others suggest in installing Rgraphviz (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2008-June/022838.html)
> But I could not load library(Rgraphviz).
> There's a message that 'This application has failed to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found'
>
> Could anyone suggest me how to make it work?

Yes, install the "latest" graphviz from the installer graphviz-2.20.3.msi.

Note that it install under a directory called .....2.21
So no idea which version it is (and hard to find out).

Best,
Uwe Ligges

> june

Re: Rgraphviz install

Costa
Hi,

I installed R.10.1 and Graphviz 2.26 - which doesnt contain the libcdt-4.dll, so I get the same error message 'This application has failed to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found' when loading in R
> library (Rgraphviz)

I cannot find an installation file for Graphviz 2.20 to use under Windows7 (which was indicated previously to solve this problem).
Can anybody tell me where I could find this installation file?

Thanks ...

Uwe Ligges-3 wrote

June Wong wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've tried several times and followed what others suggest in installing Rgraphviz (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2008-June/022838.html)
> But I could not load library(Rgraphviz).
> There's a message that 'This application has failed to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found'
>
> Could anyone suggest me how to make it work?

Yes, install the "latest" graphviz from the installer graphviz-2.20.3.msi.

Note that it install under a directory called .....2.21
So no idea which version it is (and hard to find out).

Best,
Uwe Ligges

> june

Re: Rgraphviz install

Uwe Ligges-3

Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed R.10.1 and Graphviz 2.26 - which doesnt contain the
> libcdt-4.dll, so I get the same error message 'This application has failed
> to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found' when loading in R
>> library (Rgraphviz)
>
> I cannot find an installation file for Graphviz 2.20 to use under Windows7
> (which was indicated previously to solve this problem).
> Can anybody tell me where I could find this installation file?

Citing the package's README file for you (the package is on BioConductor
and hence not really adequate for this list):

/ Using the Windows binary
/------------------------
/
/o. install Graphviz ***2.20.3.1*** Windows ***binary*** distribution
/from
/
/http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/graphviz-2.20.3.1.msi
/
/   in a directory that we'll call $DIR.  We use the following as an
/ example:
/
/         C:\Graphviz2.20
/
/   If you install it in other dir, just use your dir correspondingly.
/
/o. Add Graphviz' bin diretory to the user PATH variable, e.g.,
/
/     c:\Graphviz2.20\bin
/
/o. Check the configuration by starting a new DOS window and displaying
/   the PATH environment variable, e.g.,
/
/      c:\> echo %PATH%
/
/o.  Use biocLite('Rgraphviz') to install Rgraphviz

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges