SamplingStrata R package

Chris S
Hi all

I am hoping to use the SamplingStrata R package for a dataset describing a
population of businesses wherein I have information on the type of
business, as well as, for designated employment number bands, number of
employees and business turnover information. So in this context the
employment number bands can be described as micro, small, medium and large,
i.e. size of business. Hence I would like the stratification to be business
type X business size. I note that SamplingStrata allows for multivariate
scenarios and the data frame should be straightforward to set up, but in
terms of "domains" which descriptor should be used for this? I am assuming
I can use both number of employees and business turnover information to
optimise the stratification sampling procedure.

thank you in advance

Re: SamplingStrata R package

Bert Gunter-2
1.  There is no question here.

2. In any case, this is not a code writing service, so a question about how
to code models without any offering of your own attempts might not be
replied to anyway.

3. For what sorts of queries you might expect replies to, please read and
follow the posting guide below. Also, if you do post, please post in plaint
text, not html, as the latter (especially code) can get mangled by the mail
server.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Chris S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am hoping to use the SamplingStrata R package for a dataset describing a
> population of businesses wherein I have information on the type of
> business, as well as, for designated employment number bands, number of
> employees and business turnover information. So in this context the
> employment number bands can be described as micro, small, medium and large,
> i.e. size of business. Hence I would like the stratification to be business
> type X business size. I note that SamplingStrata allows for multivariate
> scenarios and the data frame should be straightforward to set up, but in
> terms of "domains" which descriptor should be used for this? I am assuming
> I can use both number of employees and business turnover information to
> optimise the stratification sampling procedure.
>
> thank you in advance

> posting-guide.html

Re: SamplingStrata R package

Chris S
Hi Bert
thank you for the reply. Not a coding query as such. Just wanted some
pointers towards how to handle strata using the package in my situation,
i.e. business type X business size with information for count and financial
turnover.

many thanks

On 31 October 2017 at 14:37, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1.  There is no question here.
>
> 2. In any case, this is not a code writing service, so a question about
> how to code models without any offering of your own attempts might not be
> replied to anyway.
>
> 3. For what sorts of queries you might expect replies to, please read and
> follow the posting guide below. Also, if you do post, please post in plaint
> text, not html, as the latter (especially code) can get mangled by the mail
> server.
>
> Cheers,
> Bert
>

> Bert Gunter

> sticking things into it."
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Chris S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am hoping to use the SamplingStrata R package for a dataset describing a
>> population of businesses wherein I have information on the type of
>> business, as well as, for designated employment number bands, number of
>> employees and business turnover information. So in this context the
>> employment number bands can be described as micro, small, medium and
>> large,
>> i.e. size of business. Hence I would like the stratification to be
>> business
>> type X business size. I note that SamplingStrata allows for multivariate
>> scenarios and the data frame should be straightforward to set up, but in
>> terms of "domains" which descriptor should be used for this? I am assuming
>> I can use both number of employees and business turnover information to
>> optimise the stratification sampling procedure.
>>
>> thank you in advance

>> ng-guide.html

Re: SamplingStrata R package

Bert Gunter-2
If yours is primarily a statistics issue (I can't tell), you might do
better posting on a statistics list like stats.stackexchange.com.

-- Bert