Saving a plot from R-LINUX(2)

Augusto.Sanabria
Dirk,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

Please have a look at my comments below:

On 13 January 2006 at 11:02, [hidden email] wrote:
| Is there any way to save a plot produced by
| R in a LINUX (Debian) machine?

(Dirk)It is the same on every platform and ...

(Augusto) No, I can see an option to save my plot from  the plot window
in MS Windows. That option does not exist in the LINUX window,
does it? (maybe there is something wrong with my LINUX config.)

say, I have an arbitrary set of data x,y (not a pdf).
I can plot the data using plot(x,y) and I can see the plot
in a plot window in LINUX.

The problem is: how can I save that plot into an external
file? I expect to find a command like:

save_a_displayed_plot("myplot1","jpeg","/mnt/store")

Then, I expect to find the file myplot1.jpeg in "store".

I have read the documentation, sect. 1.6, and found no reference
to this problem.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Augusto

Re: Saving a plot from R-LINUX(2)

Brian Ripley
For jpeg see ?dev2bitmap as well as my earlier reply.