Searching R Packages

Spencer Graves-3
Hello, All:

          Might you have time to review the article I recently posted to
Wikiversity on "Searching R Packages"
(https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Searching_R_Packages)?

          Please edit this yourself or propose changes in the associated
"Discuss" page or in an email to this list or to me.

          My goal in this is to invite readers to turn that article into a
proposal for improving the search capabilities in R that would
ultimately be funded by, e.g., The R Foundation.

          What do you think?

          Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

          Thanks for your contributions to improving the lot of humanity
through better statistical software.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer Graves, PhD
       Founder
       EffectiveDefense.org
       7300 W. 107th St. # 506
       Overland Park, KS 66212

Re: Searching R Packages

Ravi Varadhan-2
Hi Spencer,
Thank you for this wonderful service to the R community.

A suggestion:  it would be great to discuss how to search github and Bioconductor repositories.

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Searching R Packages

Mark van der Loo
Dear Spencer,

Nice initiative!

I discover a lot of packages not by explicit search, but by running into
them. I find cranberries really helpful there, especially the twitter feed
(@CRANberries) and also r-bloggers, especially through Joseph Rickert's
monthly roundup of new packages. And then of course there is the R journal
and JSS, but those speak for themselves.

So maybe a 'keeping up to date' section would be nice in the article?

Best,
Mark

Op ma 29 jan. 2018 om 00:25 schreef Ravi Varadhan <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Spencer,
> Thank you for this wonderful service to the R community.
>
> A suggestion:  it would be great to discuss how to search github and
> Bioconductor repositories.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi

Re: Searching R Packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 29 January 2018 at 11:02, Mark van der Loo wrote:
| I discover a lot of packages not by explicit search, but by running into
| them. I find cranberries really helpful there, especially the twitter feed
| (@CRANberries) and also r-bloggers, especially through Joseph Rickert's
| monthly roundup of new packages. And then of course there is the R journal
| and JSS, but those speak for themselves.
|
| So maybe a 'keeping up to date' section would be nice in the article?

Yes.  But it is @CRANberriesFeed --- the handle for @cranberries was already
taken by either fans of the Irish band, or the fruit ...

Dirk