Segmetation Fault in R

Marcelo Damasceno
Hi all,

I has a C code in Linux, it has 7 pointers and compile e run OK, but when I
run in R happens Segmetation Fault.
When I use calloc function, it returns NULL.
What's wrong?
I would like more information about R-alloc function?
Thanks!

--
Marcelo Damasceno de Melo
Graduando em Ciência da Computação

Re: Segmetation Fault in R

Kort, Eric

Marcelo Damasceno wrote...

>Hi all,
>
>I has a C code in Linux, it has 7 pointers and compile e run OK, but when I
>run in R happens Segmetation Fault.
>When I use calloc function, it returns NULL.
>What's wrong?
>I would like more information about R-alloc function?
>Thanks!

What is wrong is that there is a bug in your C code related.

A search of the R-help mailing list archives seems to indicate that there have been about 10,800 prior posts about segmentation faults, the last of which was a few days ago--in which I and then Dr. Ripley described in some detail what causes segmentation faults.  I would review these, and if you are still having this problem, post a snippet of code that recreates the problem to the appropriate C development list serve.

HTH,
Eric

This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}