Show graph integrated to GUI

Chihiro Kuraya
Hi all,

It it posssible to show graph which is integrated to
some GUI (e.g. TclTk or R-wxPython).

I want to make an application by R,
for example, like the following picture:
http://www.natch.co.uk/downloads/SigJenny/SJnScreenShot.gif

Regards,
Chihiro Kuraya

Re: Show graph integrated to GUI

Gregory Snow
The slider function in the TeachingDemos and relax packages (same
function is in both packages you can use either) provides a way to do
this using a Tk window.  There are also several functions in the
TechingDemos package that use a lower level interface to a Tk window
that you can look at their source code as an example to build your own
(examples include: vis.gamma, rotate.persp, and run.power.examp).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center

Thank you for information..

I tried the TechingDemos package.
But it seems that the window which contains slider control
and graph window is separated.

What I want to do is show slider control and graph
in one window simultaneiously.
It is possible ?

Chihiro Kuraya

"Gregory Snow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The slider function in the TeachingDemos and relax packages (same
> function is in both packages you can use either) provides a way to do
> this using a Tk window.  There are also several functions in the
> TechingDemos package that use a lower level interface to a Tk window
> that you can look at their source code as an example to build your own
> (examples include: vis.gamma, rotate.persp, and run.power.examp).
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> --
> Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
> Statistical Data Center
> Intermountain Healthcare
> [hidden email]
> (801) 408-8111

Gabor Grothendieck
Try the example in ?tkrplot in package tkrplot.  That
shows a tcl-based plot interactively modified by a
slider all in a single window.

On 12/28/05, Chihiro Kuraya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for information..
>
> I tried the TechingDemos package.
> But it seems that the window which contains slider control
> and graph window is separated.
>
> What I want to do is show slider control and graph
> in one window simultaneiously.
> It is possible ?
>
> Chihiro Kuraya
>

> "Gregory Snow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The slider function in the TeachingDemos and relax packages (same
> > function is in both packages you can use either) provides a way to do
> > this using a Tk window.  There are also several functions in the
> > TechingDemos package that use a lower level interface to a Tk window
> > that you can look at their source code as an example to build your own
> > (examples include: vis.gamma, rotate.persp, and run.power.examp).
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >

> > --
> > Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
> > Statistical Data Center
> > Intermountain Healthcare
> > [hidden email]
> > (801) 408-8111

Prof Brian Ripley
This can be done with tkrplot package, whose sole example is of a slider
and a graph in the same window.

(AFAICS the slider function in the TeachingDemos package shows no more
concepts than the tkdensity demo which ships with R.)

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for information..
>
> I tried the TechingDemos package.
> But it seems that the window which contains slider control
> and graph window is separated.
>
> What I want to do is show slider control and graph
> in one window simultaneiously.
> It is possible ?
>
> Chihiro Kuraya
>

> "Gregory Snow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The slider function in the TeachingDemos and relax packages (same
>> function is in both packages you can use either) provides a way to do
>> this using a Tk window.  There are also several functions in the
>> TechingDemos package that use a lower level interface to a Tk window
>> that you can look at their source code as an example to build your own
>> (examples include: vis.gamma, rotate.persp, and run.power.examp).
>>
>> Hope this helps,

Mike Prager
I'm seeking suggestions for a book on Tcl/Tk, as it can be used with R.
The book I bought for the purpose ("Effective Tcl/Tk Programming") seems
quite unsuitable. For example, it has no description of anything like
the slider control provided by tkscale().

I have located the Tcl and Tk documentation provided with the R
distribution. That has plenty of detail. Now I would like something with
more of an overview, including numerous examples and illustrations.

Thanks,
MHP

on 12/29/2005 3:06 AM Prof Brian Ripley said the following:

>This can be done with tkrplot package, whose sole example is of a slider
>and a graph in the same window.
>
>(AFAICS the slider function in the TeachingDemos package shows no more
>concepts than the tkdensity demo which ships with R.)
>
>On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Thank you for information..
>>
>>I tried the TechingDemos package.
>>But it seems that the window which contains slider control
>>and graph window is separated.
>>
>>What I want to do is show slider control and graph
>>in one window simultaneiously.
>>It is possible ?
>>
>>Chihiro Kuraya
>>

>>"Gregory Snow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>The slider function in the TeachingDemos and relax packages (same
>>>function is in both packages you can use either) provides a way to do
>>>this using a Tk window.  There are also several functions in the
>>>TechingDemos package that use a lower level interface to a Tk window
>>>that you can look at their source code as an example to build your own
>>>(examples include: vis.gamma, rotate.persp, and run.power.examp).
>>>
>>>Hope this helps,

Michael Prager, Ph.D.
Population Dynamics Team, NMFS SE Fisheries Science Center
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research
Beaufort, North Carolina  28516
http://shrimp.ccfhrb.noaa.gov/~mprager/
Opinions expressed are personal, not official.  No
government endorsement of any product is made or implied.

Re: Show graph integrated to GUI

Peter Dalgaard
"Michael H. Prager" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm seeking suggestions for a book on Tcl/Tk, as it can be used with R.
> The book I bought for the purpose ("Effective Tcl/Tk Programming") seems
> quite unsuitable. For example, it has no description of anything like
> the slider control provided by tkscale().
>
> I have located the Tcl and Tk documentation provided with the R
> distribution. That has plenty of detail. Now I would like something with
> more of an overview, including numerous examples and illustrations.

The one book on the subject that I have and like (out of a total of
two...) is Welch's "Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk". I have the
3rd ed., the 4th ed is said to be even better (ISBN: 0130385603).
There are others though; you could do worse than consulting
wiki.tcl.tk/57 and the newsgroup comp.lang.tcl and archives of same.

> Thanks,
> MHP
>

> on 12/29/2005 3:06 AM Prof Brian Ripley said the following:
>
> >This can be done with tkrplot package, whose sole example is of a slider
> >and a graph in the same window.
> >
> >(AFAICS the slider function in the TeachingDemos package shows no more
> >concepts than the tkdensity demo which ships with R.)
> >
> >On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Thank you for information..
> >>
> >>I tried the TechingDemos package.
> >>But it seems that the window which contains slider control
> >>and graph window is separated.
> >>
> >>What I want to do is show slider control and graph
> >>in one window simultaneiously.
> >>It is possible ?
> >>
> >>Chihiro Kuraya

   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([hidden email])                  FAX: (+45) 35327907