Quantcast

Simplex Density Plots

Graham Neubig
Hello,

I have just started using R, and have found it quite easy to make
plots of probability densities for normal and beta distributions, etc.

Now, I'm looking at trying to make a simplex plot of a Dirichlet
density, but have gotten stuck and was hoping that someone could help.
Ideally, the plot would look something like the 3d plots on Wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dirichlet_distributions.png

Although if these are impossible, a color-coded 2d simplex would work as well.

Does anyone have an idea or link about how to make simplex plots?

Thanks in advance,
Graham

Re: Simplex Density Plots

Duncan Murdoch
On 07/12/2009 11:12 PM, Graham Neubig wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just started using R, and have found it quite easy to make
> plots of probability densities for normal and beta distributions, etc.
>
> Now, I'm looking at trying to make a simplex plot of a Dirichlet
> density, but have gotten stuck and was hoping that someone could help.
> Ideally, the plot would look something like the 3d plots on Wikipedia here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dirichlet_distributions.png
>
> Although if these are impossible, a color-coded 2d simplex would work as well.
>
> Does anyone have an idea or link about how to make simplex plots?

RSiteSearch("simplex") turns up some simplex plots in the klaR package;
I don't know if they're the sort you want.