Smoothing a path in 2D

Dieter Vanderelst-2
Hello,

I'm currently trying to find a method to interpolate or smooth data that
represent a trajectory in space.

For example, I have an ordered (=time) set of (x,y) tuples which
constitute a path in a 2D space.

Is there a way using R to interpolate between these points in a way
similar to spline interpolation so that I get a smooth path in space?

Greetings,
Dieter

--
Dieter Vanderelst
[hidden email]

Re: Smoothing a path in 2D

RKoenker
You might have a look at the fda package of Ramsay on CRAN.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    [hidden email]            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820

On May 30, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Dieter Vanderelst wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently trying to find a method to interpolate or smooth data
> that
> represent a trajectory in space.
>
> For example, I have an ordered (=time) set of (x,y) tuples which
> constitute a path in a 2D space.
>
> Is there a way using R to interpolate between these points in a way
> similar to spline interpolation so that I get a smooth path in space?
>
> Greetings,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Vanderelst
> [hidden email]
> Department of Industrial Design
> Designed Intelligence

Re: Smoothing a path in 2D

Clint Bowman
?KalmanLike

Clint Bowman INTERNET: [hidden email]
Air Dispersion Modeler INTERNET: [hidden email]
Air Quality Program VOICE: (360) 407-6815
Department of Ecology FAX: (360) 407-7534

        USPS:   PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
        Parcels: 300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274