Spatial Clustering with spdep::skater

Axel Urbiz
Dear Experts,

I’m working with spdep::skater to fit clusters to spatial data subject to contiguity constraints. This function fits clusters by edge removal from Minimum Spanning Trees.

In this context, I’d appreciate any pointers on how to tune the number of clusters. What is a sensible criteria to use?

Thanks
Axel.

Re: Spatial Clustering with spdep::skater

Bert Gunter-2
Generally, statistical questions are off topic for this list, which is
about R programming; but the r-sig-geo list would seem to be a better place
to post this anyway, as the expertise you seek is much more likely there.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."