Stats reshape non-Longitudinal Example Correctness

Stats reshape non-Longitudinal Example Correctness

Dario Strbenac-2
Good day,

In the Examples section of the reshape function documentation is an example that reshapes that data frame state.x77. However, the resulting long data frame doesn't seem correct. It has three columns; Characteristic, Population and state. The second column probably shouldn't be named Population because it stores all of the values for all of the variables and only one of the variables in the dataset is Population. I wouldn't expect to see values for Frost in the Population column, for example. Is it a bug? I think that a column name such as Value would be appropriate.

> sessionInfo()
R Under development (unstable) (2018-01-07 r74096)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS