Structural Equation Modeling-Model Comparisons

Structural Equation Modeling-Model Comparisons

shubam.sharma
Hello,

I have the following data set that will be used to test the models by performing structural equation modeling:

- 3 Dependent variables (1 comorbid and 2 others)
- Age and Sex as covariates
- Independent variable (IV) : Latent Factor A (formed using Confirmatory factor analysis)
- 4 moderator variables (protective factors)

Each model will test the latent factor and all protective factors. I am using the laavan package to perform structural equation modeling.

I have began by opening my dataset from SPSS in R and installing the lavaan package.

library(foreign)
file.choose()
install.packages("lavaan", dependencies=TRUE)

My question is regarding my next steps. How do you suggest proceeding and how will I actually fit the models and obtain model indices?

Thank you.

Re: Structural Equation Modeling-Model Comparisons

shubam.sharma
I have come a long way since posting this question. Now, the only thing I need assistance with is figuring out how to account for age and sex as covariates in my structural equation models. I see that fixed.x is a line used in lavaan, but I am not sure if this will control for age and sex or if it is just setting the means and variances of all variables to random or not random.

Thank you for your help.