Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Shakeel Suleman
I am relatively new to R and was wondering if someone could advise me on presenting tables in R Markdown for Word. I would like to present a simple table of counts, with column 1 representing name of an organisation (and last row called "All organisations") and another four columns representing the most recent four week period (e.g. week 21, 22, 23, 24) and a final total column, as illustrated below. The actual data is just counts (e.g. 4, 5, 8, widgets produced, number of people off sick etc).

My question is: can this be done to a publication quality standard. I have tried Pander, but that adds "Sum" instead of All Organisations and 4 Week Total and doesn't look particularly good.

Week

20

21

22

23

4 week total

Organisation

6

6

1

1

14

ABC

2

4

1

5

12

DCE

0

5

1

5

11

EFG

3

6

3

5

17

HIJ

1

8

3

2

14

All Organizations

12

29

9

18

68

Kind regards,

Shakeel

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the express authority of Public Health England, or the intended recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses by Symantec.Cloud, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or saving. http://www.gov.uk/PHE

Re: Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Bert Gunter-2
You should post this on the r-package-devel  list, not here. That list is
exactly concerned with such issues. This list is about R programming itself.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Shakeel Suleman <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> All Organizations
>
> 12
>
> 29
>
> 9
>
> 18
>
> 68
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Shakeel

> The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential
> and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named
> addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the
> express authority of Public Health England, or the intended recipient, or
> both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
> distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also
> confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses by
> Symantec.Cloud, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or

Re: Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 13/06/2018 10:10 AM, Bert Gunter wrote:
> You should post this on the r-package-devel  list, not here. That list is
> exactly concerned with such issues. This list is about R programming itself.

No, r-package-devel is about developing and publishing R packages, not
using them.

I don't know the answer to this question.  Others like it tend to appear
on Stack Overflow with the "knitr" tag, so that might be a better place
to ask if no answer appears here.  But like here, that forum asks for
reproducible examples (i.e. the R code that doesn't quite work).

Duncan Murdoch

> [...]
>>
>> 29
>>
>> 9
>>
>> 18
>>
>> 68
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Shakeel
>>

>> **************************************************************************
>> The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential
>> and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named
>> addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the
>> express authority of Public Health England, or the intended recipient, or
>> both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
>> distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also
>> confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses by
>> Symantec.Cloud, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or

Fwd: Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Bert Gunter-2

sticking things into it."

Re: Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Jeff Newmiller
I have heard of people using CSS formatting with Rmarkdown output and copy-pasting into Word/LibreOffice, but LaTeX is so much nicer if you don't require Word that I suppose there haven't been many with that itch. To some extent you can use a manually-styled Word starting document (referred to as a template but not what Word refers to as a template) with Word output, but that is pretty limited for table formatting.

You could look at the ReporteRs package instead... but that is not Rmarkdown.

If you really need publication quality with Word