Tinn R

Sarah E. McCormick
Hi, I just got a new computer with windows vista on it and I am having a problem using Tinn R.  The problem occurs when I select a chunk of code and try to run it all at once using the "R send:selection (echo = TRUE)" button, I get this error:

Error in source(.trPaths[5], echo = TRUE, max.deparse.length = 150) :
  object ".trPaths" not found

Any suggestions how to fix this?? Thanks!!
Sarah

Re: Tinn R

Dieter Menne
Sarah E. McCormick <MCCORMSA <at> student.gvsu.edu> writes:

> Hi, I just got a new computer with windows vista on it and I am having a
problem using Tinn R.  The problem occurs
> when I select a chunk of code and try to run it all at once using the "R
send:selection (echo = TRUE)" button, I
> get this error:
>
> Error in source(.trPaths[5], echo = TRUE, max.deparse.length = 150) :
>   object ".trPaths" not found

This has to do with Tinn-R trying to write to etc\Rpforile.site, but you need
administrator rights  under Vista to do this. Tinn-R does not report an error
during the install phase when the write is not successful.

Workaround (alternative) :

-- Add the trPaths manually. In my system, it looks like:

.trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'), '\\Tinn-R\\tmp\\', sep=''),
  c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt', 'file.r', 'selection.r', 'block.r',
'lines.r'), sep='')

-- Make the etc directory writable by adding your user account and write
permission.

Dieter

Re: Tinn R

klatinez
Hi Dieter, It works for me. Thanks Karen

Re: Tinn R

Zenonn87
I have got a solution worked for me. Make the follow steps in Administration mode (in Win7 right click on ikon -> Run as administrator), then in Tinn-R: R -> Configurate -> Permanaent.
Than delete the # mark from the UK and Brasil repository. Like this:

##===============================================================
## Tinn-R: necessary packages and functions
## Tinn-R: >= 2.2.0.2 with TinnR package >= 1.0.3
##===============================================================
## Set the URL of the preferred repository, below some examples:
options(repos='http://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/mirrors/R/') # USA
options(repos='http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk/') # UK
options(repos='http://brieger.esalq.usp.br/CRAN/') # Brazil
Run with hand all of the line (not just the the passage quoted above) and it should be fine.

For me it worked. I read a lot of forum about this problem non of them worked for me. Tried re-installation, older version, etc. So I thought maybe the other repositories will be OK, and they were.

Good luck with that.

Windows 7 32 bit
R 2.14.1
Tinn-R 2.3.7.1