Too strange that I cannot install several packages

Too strange that I cannot install several packages

Bruce Ratner PhD
Hi Rers:
Is there anything I can check for as to why I cannot install several
packages, i.e., sample, resample, resample_bootstrap, apply, sapply, ...?

The error message I get is:

>install.packages("sample") Installing package into
‘C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/R/win-library/3.3’ (as ‘lib’ is
unspecified) Warning in install.packages :
   package ‘sample’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)

Thanks.
Bruce

Re: Too strange that I cannot install several packages

Doran, Harold
You really need to stop spamming this list and take time to learn R basics. You sent me emails directly on this and asked me this specific question before.

These are not packages, but are functions and you do not work with R this way.

Is there anything I can check for as to why I cannot install several packages, i.e., sample, resample, resample_bootstrap, apply, sapply, ...?

The error message I get is:

>install.packages("sample") Installing package into
‘C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/R/win-library/3.3’ (as ‘lib’ is
unspecified) Warning in install.packages :
   package ‘sample’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)

Thanks.
Bruce

Re: Too strange that I cannot install several packages

JacobSimmering
Bruce,

`sample` doesn’t appear to be an R package. `resample` installed for me. `apply` and `sapply` aren’t packages either.

`sample`, `apply` and `sapply` are all functions, however.

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 12:08 PM, BR_email <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rers:
> Is there anything I can check for as to why I cannot install several packages, i.e., sample, resample, resample_bootstrap, apply, sapply, ...?
>
> The error message I get is:
>
>> install.packages("sample") Installing package into
> ‘C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/R/win-library/3.3’ (as ‘lib’ is unspecified) Warning in install.packages :
>  package ‘sample’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)
>

> Thanks.
> Bruce

Re: Too strange that I cannot install several packages

Bruce Ratner PhD
Thanks, Jacob.
Bruce

Simmering, Jacob E wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> `sample` doesn’t appear to be an R package. `resample` installed for me. `apply` and `sapply` aren’t packages either.
>
> `sample`, `apply` and `sapply` are all functions, however.
>

>> On Apr 10, 2017, at 12:08 PM, BR_email <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rers:
>> Is there anything I can check for as to why I cannot install several packages, i.e., sample, resample, resample_bootstrap, apply, sapply, ...?
>>
>> The error message I get is:
>>
>>> install.packages("sample") Installing package into
>> ‘C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/R/win-library/3.3’ (as ‘lib’ is unspecified) Warning in install.packages :
>>   package ‘sample’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)
>>

>> Thanks.
>> Bruce

Re: Too strange that I cannot install several packages

Bruce Ratner PhD
Dear Harold:
If you do not want to answer my questions, then do not reply.
Warmest Regards,
Bruce

______________
Bruce Ratner PhD
The Significant Statistician™
(516) 791-3544
Statistical Predictive Analytics -- www.DMSTAT1.com
Machine-Learning Data Mining -- www.GenIQ.net

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Doran, Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You really need to stop spamming this list and take time to learn R basics. You sent me emails directly on this and asked me this specific question before.
>
> These are not packages, but are functions and you do not work with R this way.

I did answer this question quite a few weeks ago. You then continued to email me directly off list asking the exact question you posted below and at that time I gave you the answer on how to solve.

Your unwillingness to do even the basic study on R clogs this list unnecessarily.

If you do not want to answer my questions, then do not reply.
Warmest Regards,
Bruce

______________
Bruce Ratner PhD
The Significant Statistician™
(516) 791-3544
Statistical Predictive Analytics -- www.DMSTAT1.com Machine-Learning Data Mining -- www.GenIQ.net

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Doran, Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You really need to stop spamming this list and take time to learn R basics. You sent me emails directly on this and asked me this specific question before.
>
> These are not packages, but are functions and you do not work with R this way.

R help mailing list-2
For a base-R installation, you can print out multiple help pages
(function indices) like so:

> for(i in 1:length(sessionInfo()$basePkgs)) {
print(library(help = sessionInfo()$basePkgs[i], character.only = TRUE)) }

HTH,

Bill.

William Michels, Ph.D.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Doran, Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did answer this question quite a few weeks ago. You then continued to email me directly off list asking the exact question you posted below and at that time I gave you the answer on how to solve.
>
> Your unwillingness to do even the basic study on R clogs this list unnecessarily.

Dear William:
Thank you for your informative reply.
I simply got lost in the forest, as I have indeed been reading several R books.
As I tell my students, "every bright mind has a dull spot."

Best Regards,
Bruce