Trying to save a *.jpg file from a PHP system call

Trying to save a *.jpg file from a PHP system call

Court Arning

   This  is  my first time making a request so please feel free to school
   me  on how to improve on how to make an inquiry.  I am running R-1.9.1
   in  UNIX  via  a  PHP script with a system command to generate a *.jpg
   image  from  a list created by a perl script.  This R script runs fine
   when  run  from  a  Unix command line or through a system command from
   Perl.   In  my  debug  efforts  I  had PHP print out the last executed
   command  from  R.  The R script hangs on my jpeg(), touch(), and X11()
   commands in the script.  If I comment these out the rest of the script
   will  run  through.  I am running R under my html directory and I have
   ensured  all  permissions  are fully open.  I also set Sys.putenv() to
   the  machine  I  am  working  on.   Your constructive response will be
   appreciated.

   Thanks

Re: Trying to save a *.jpg file from a PHP system call

Uwe Ligges
Court Arning wrote:

>    This  is  my first time making a request so please feel free to school
>    me  on how to improve on how to make an inquiry.  I am running R-1.9.1
>    in  UNIX  via  a  PHP script with a system command to generate a *.jpg
>    image  from  a list created by a perl script.  This R script runs fine
>    when  run  from  a  Unix command line or through a system command from
>    Perl.   In  my  debug  efforts  I  had PHP print out the last executed
>    command  from  R.  The R script hangs on my jpeg(), touch(), and X11()
>    commands in the script.  If I comment these out the rest of the script
>    will  run  through.  I am running R under my html directory and I have
>    ensured  all  permissions  are fully open.  I also set Sys.putenv() to
>    the  machine  I  am  working  on.   Your constructive response will be
>    appreciated.

I guess you cannot open an X11 device ...

Uwe Ligges