Quantcast

Tutorial Tinn-R

suse
Hi,

does anyone know a tutorial for Tinn-R? During all my search I only found R-Tutorials...
The problem now is: I would like to make Tinn-R an autosave. But since I had several questions before concerning Tinn-R (for example, how to have Tinn-R and R in one window or how do the new versions work), I think it is easier to have a tutorial instead of asking here everything.

Thank you!

Re: Tutorial Tinn-R

Bert Gunter
Google on "tinn-r tutorial." However, I believe that you will find that the
answer is no, there isn't anything useful out there. Moreover, TINN-R's help
files are minimal and terrible, even though the package itself is quite
useful (I find). Please Do NOT post further TINN-R questions to this list --
it is for R, not TINN-R. Perhaps someone will be able to tell you where to
post TINN-R questions. I just had to struggle to figure it out and get it
set up; but I use it all the time as a pseudo- IDE.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Statistics

Re: Tutorial Tinn-R

Kingsford Jones
I found the user guide available at Help > Main > User Guide > Html to
be quite useful for getting started.  I don't think this was available
when first I looked at Tinn-R a couple years ago, at which point I too
felt the help files were very poor.  But under 2.3.5.2 the file is
there, and Tinn-R is now my favorite interface to R under Windows.
Yesterday I used the document comparison tool for the first time
(Tools > Differences) ...very nice.

Kingsford Jones

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Google on "tinn-r tutorial." However, I believe that you will find that the
> answer is no, there isn't anything useful out there. Moreover, TINN-R's help
> files are minimal and terrible, even though the package itself is quite
> useful (I find). Please Do NOT post further TINN-R questions to this list --
> it is for R, not TINN-R. Perhaps someone will be able to tell you where to
> post TINN-R questions. I just had to struggle to figure it out and get it
> set up; but I use it all the time as a pseudo- IDE.
>
> Bert Gunter
> Genentech Nonclinical Statistics

Re: Tutorial Tinn-R

Tom La Bone
Seems to be a relevant and reasonable question to me.