Two gganimate questions.

R help mailing list-2
I have two gganimate questions that I have made some headway on but not too much,  and they are actually related.  The questions are:

1.  Suppose I have a list where each element of the list is a pre-defined ggplots2 graphic  (in my case each is a map).  Is there a way to animate this,  and if so,  what is the best way?  I have tried using gganimate::transition_layers()   and while it recognized the lists and produced an animation  (albeit very slowly).

2. is there a way to build up an animation as we go?  it is a long story,  but each map in the list above has to be calculated separated,  it it done using geom_sf.  can an initial animation be defined and then frames added to it as new maps are made?

Thanks for any help.

-Roy

**********************
**********************