Un-informative Error in re-building vignettes

Un-informative Error in re-building vignettes

Toby Hocking-2
I am getting the following on CRAN windows and winbuilder
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64/penaltyLearning-00check.html

Apparently there is an error in re-building vignettes, but I do not have
any idea what it is, because all that is listed is three dots (...). Is
this a bug in R CMD check?

If not, the only solution I can think of is removing the vignette entirely.
Any other ideas?

   - checking re-building of vignette outputs ... [11s] WARNING
   Error in re-building vignettes:
   - checking PDF version of manual ... OK

Re: Un-informative Error in re-building vignettes

Marc Schwartz-3

> On Nov 29, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Toby Hocking <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am getting the following on CRAN windows and winbuilder
> https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64/penaltyLearning-00check.html
>
> Apparently there is an error in re-building vignettes, but I do not have
> any idea what it is, because all that is listed is three dots (...). Is
> this a bug in R CMD check?
>
> If not, the only solution I can think of is removing the vignette entirely.
> Any other ideas?
>
>   - checking re-building of vignette outputs ... [11s] WARNING
>   Error in re-building vignettes:
>   - checking PDF version of manual ... OK

Hi,

First, generally CRAN package building related issues should be posted to R-Package-Devel, not here:

Second, you might want to review the full CRAN build report for your package, which reports more information across several builds:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_penaltyLearning.html <https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_penaltyLearning.html>

Regards,

Marc Schwartz