Unable to Load package Rcmdr after installation

Unable to Load package Rcmdr after installation

PaulJr
Hello friends,

Has anyone experienced trouble when trying to load package Rcmdr? It was
working perfectly a couple of days ago, I don´t know why it isn´t working.

> library("Rcmdr")
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck
= vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called ‘Hmisc’
Error: package ‘RcmdrMisc’ could not be loaded

Re: Unable to Load package Rcmdr after installation

Ulrik Stervbo-2
Hi Paul,

The error tells you, that the 'Hmisc' does not exist on your system. If you
install it, everything should work.

Use install.packages with dependencies = TRUE to avoid the problem of
missing packages.

HTH

Ulrik

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 at 16:51 Paul Bernal <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello friends,

Has anyone experienced trouble when trying to load package Rcmdr? It was
working perfectly a couple of days ago, I don´t know why it isn´t working.

> library("Rcmdr")
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck
= vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called ‘Hmisc’
Error: package ‘RcmdrMisc’ could not be loaded

Re: Unable to Load package Rcmdr after installation

Jeff Newmiller
To the question of why it used to work but now it doesn't, I have noticed that often when I update packages with dependencies but some error occurs during the update, some existing packages that used to work are removed and must be re-installed manually. I have not tried to make a reproducible example but the pattern of breaking depencies has been noticeable for the last year or so.

On March 9, 2017 8:11:05 AM PST, Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>The error tells you, that the 'Hmisc' does not exist on your system. If
>you
>install it, everything should work.
>
>Use install.packages with dependencies = TRUE to avoid the problem of
>missing packages.
>
>HTH
>
>Ulrik
>
>On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 at 16:51 Paul Bernal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>Hello friends,
>
>Has anyone experienced trouble when trying to load package Rcmdr? It
>was
>working perfectly a couple of days ago, I don´t know why it isn´t
>working.
>
>> library("Rcmdr")
>Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()),
>versionCheck
>= vI[[j]]) :
>  there is no package called ‘Hmisc’
>Error: package ‘RcmdrMisc’ could not be loaded

Re: Unable to Load package Rcmdr after installation

Ulrik Stervbo-2
Hi Paul,

what fails and how? What did you do from the time the package worked until
is didn't? Did you update packages? Which packages are you trying to load?

Best
Ulrik

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 at 18:40 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Ulrik, but the thing is that I tried installing adn loading tve
> Hmisc package but wasn't able to do that either.

Fox, John
Dear Paul,

It would be easier to help you if you provided more information, both
about your computer system and about what exactly you did.

With respect to the former, you can report the output of Sys.info() and
sessionInfo(). With respect to the latter, did install.packages('Hmisc')
succeed? If so, what happens when you issue the library(Hmisc) command?
What CRAN mirror are you using?

Best,
 John

-------------------------------------
John Fox, Professor
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Web: http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/

On 2017-03-10, 2:31 AM, "R-help on behalf of Ulrik Stervbo"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>what fails and how? What did you do from the time the package worked until
>is didn't? Did you update packages? Which packages are you trying to load?
>
>Best
>Ulrik
>
>On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 at 18:40 [hidden email]
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ulrik, but the thing is that I tried installing adn loading tve
>> Hmisc package but wasn't able to do that either.

Dear John,

Hope you are doing great. Thank you for your kind reply. Fortunately yes, I
was able to solve the issue.

I believe that the issue was due to the fact that I had several R versions
installed on my computer, and, when browsing through the folders, I noticed
that there were some packages that had been previously installed and needed
to be removed.

I also unistalled all R versions that I had and reinstalled it, installed,
updated and loaded package "Hmisc" and everything worked great from there
on.

Again, thank you so much for your valuable support,

Best of regards and have an awesome day,

Paul