Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard
   Every lattice xyplot() I've created before this one has tick marks on only
the left and bottom axes. The current plot has sprouted tick marks on the
top and right side, too, and I want to remove them. I've not found an answer
to this issue in Deepayan's book or on the web. I would appreciate also
learning why the extra tick marks appeared. The dput() data are included.

   The plotting command;

rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'h',
                        main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
                        xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
                        scales = list(x = list(at = seq(1,162,by=6), cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))

plot(rain.all.sum)

   The data:

structure(list(Month = structure(1:162, .Label = c("2005-01",
"2005-02", "2005-03", "2005-04", "2005-05", "2005-06", "2005-07",
"2005-08", "2005-09", "2005-10", "2005-11", "2005-12", "2006-01",
"2006-02", "2006-03", "2006-04", "2006-05", "2006-06", "2006-07",
"2006-08", "2006-09", "2006-10", "2006-11", "2006-12", "2007-01",
"2007-02", "2007-03", "2007-04", "2007-05", "2007-06", "2007-07",
"2007-08", "2007-09", "2007-10", "2007-11", "2007-12", "2008-01",
"2008-02", "2008-03", "2008-04", "2008-05", "2008-06", "2008-07",
"2008-08", "2008-09", "2008-10", "2008-11", "2008-12", "2009-01",
"2009-02", "2009-03", "2009-04", "2009-05", "2009-06", "2009-07",
"2009-08", "2009-09", "2009-10", "2009-11", "2009-12", "2010-01",
"2010-02", "2010-03", "2010-04", "2010-05", "2010-06", "2010-07",
"2010-08", "2010-09", "2010-10", "2010-11", "2010-12", "2011-01",
"2011-02", "2011-03", "2011-04", "2011-05", "2011-06", "2011-07",
"2011-08", "2011-09", "2011-10", "2011-11", "2011-12", "2012-01",
"2012-02", "2012-03", "2012-04", "2012-05", "2012-06", "2012-07",
"2012-08", "2012-09", "2012-10", "2012-11", "2012-12", "2013-01",
"2013-02", "2013-03", "2013-04", "2013-05", "2013-06", "2013-07",
"2013-08", "2013-09", "2013-10", "2013-11", "2013-12", "2014-01",
"2014-02", "2014-03", "2014-04", "2014-05", "2014-06", "2014-07",
"2014-08", "2014-09", "2014-10", "2014-11", "2014-12", "2015-01",
"2015-02", "2015-03", "2015-04", "2015-05", "2015-06", "2015-07",
"2015-08", "2015-09", "2015-10", "2015-11", "2015-12", "2016-01",
"2016-02", "2016-03", "2016-04", "2016-05", "2016-06", "2016-07",
"2016-08", "2016-09", "2016-10", "2016-11", "2016-12", "2017-01",
"2017-02", "2017-03", "2017-04", "2017-05", "2017-06", "2017-07",
"2017-08", "2017-09", "2017-10", "2017-11", "2017-12", "2018-01",
"2018-02", "2018-03", "2018-04", "2018-05", "2018-06"), class = "factor"),
     Sum = c(53.51, 24.2, 88.54, 72.85, 77.3, 49.19, 8.77, 5.75,
     27.83, 79.75, 123.89, 168.29, 229.69, 70.91, 74.15, 62.3,
     43.56, 35.08, 3.6, 2.76, 26.83, 47.72, 293.23, 139.84, 103.48,
     120.91, 85.96, 55.91, 26.56, 29.44, 9.9, 15.38, 33.47, 93.6,
     105.61, 277.41, 279.38, 144.26, 220.88, 149.75, 82.28, 55.87,
     5.29, 52.27, 21.1, 64.76, 182.31, 207.13, 196.29, 89.27,
     187.72, 111.67, 111.72, 38.19, 6.07, 15.25, 52.46, 127.75,
     208.43, 146.62, 169.34, 94.54, 154.21, 131.39, 151.27, 135.46,
     9.98, 8.72, 86.67, 142.04, 225.61, 274.93, 196.68, 153.24,
     263.54, 231.49, 122.23, 58.26, 34.65, 2.96, 28.21, 103.92,
     217.52, 166.16, 305.27, 168.73, 333.28, 145.68, 101.2, 127.77,
     15.41, 1.85, 3.49, 245.99, 272.35, 297.05, 177.17, 105.71,
     118.44, 136.34, 161.01, 53.31, 1.15, 23.43, 200.97, 69.12,
     158.51, 131.67, 156.95, 266.38, 291.7, 147.15, 101.49, 78.89,
     26.99, 24.35, 35.76, 210.2, 225.55, 282.85, 153.91, 148.13,
     187.03, 133.99, 62.28, 17.58, 13.41, 35.58, 47.04, 154.92,
     317.77, 604.04, 288.91, 210.86, 266.04, 121.62, 78.17, 85.96,
     29.84, 7.02, 72.13, 404.33, 247.71, 255.5, 138.22, 339.5,
     368.99, 209.41, 110.08, 63.9, 0.62, 6.97, 133.75, 227.1,
     312.99, 178.58, 255.8, 155.05, 135.27, 225.55, 15.23, 1.58
     ), Median = c(0.01, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0.1,
     0.04, 0.5, 0, 0.1, 0.07, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.57, 0.03, 0,
     0.2, 0.055, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.21, 0.21, 0.02, 0.2,
     0.11, 0.02, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.165, 0.01, 0.01, 0.15,
     0.01, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0.125, 0, 0.1, 0.08, 0.055, 0.1,
     0.13, 0.01, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.2, 0.17, 0.02, 0.07, 0.23, 0.15,
     0.06, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.03, 0.1, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.07, 0, 0.02,
     0, 0, 0, 0.04, 0.115, 0.24, 0.02, 0.03, 0.01, 0.01, 0.02,
     0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0, 0, 0.2, 0.18, 0.05, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
     0.08, 0.07, 0.1, 0, 0.01, 0, 0.02, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.09,
     0.4, 0.18, 0.1, 0.2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.29, 0.09, 0.09,
     0, 0.26, 0.3, 0.16, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.25, 0, 0.16, 0.03,
     0.02, 0.08, 0, 0), Max = c(3, 1.1, 3.2, 1.2, 1.6, 1.48, 0.8,
     0.6, 3.2, 4.9, 3.1, 3.63, 3.4, 2.6, 2, 3.25, 1.6, 2.1, 0.4,
     0.5, 1.1, 2, 6.6, 3.2, 3.6, 5.8, 2.3, 1.7, 1.3, 1.2, 1, 2.1,
     2, 3, 3, 5.9, 3.3, 2.9, 5.2, 1.8, 1.4, 2.2, 0.6, 2.5, 1.02,
     2, 4.4, 3.6, 5.3, 2.2, 2.7, 2.5, 1.5, 1.4, 0.8, 1.4, 1.4,
     2.11, 2.1, 3.3, 3.12, 1.3, 2.4, 1.5, 2.4, 3.5, 0.9, 1.3,
     2.77, 2, 3.2, 2.6, 5.4, 3.4, 2.87, 2.6, 1.6, 1.4, 1.2, 0.2,
     0.91, 2.1, 2.2, 5.2, 4.75, 2.3, 3.4, 2.67, 1.8, 1.9, 0.61,
     0.2, 0.2, 3.4, 3.65, 3.1, 3.15, 2.2, 2, 2.7, 2.3, 1.18, 0.2,
     2.1, 3.3, 1.7, 2.47, 8.8, 2.8, 3.27, 3.29, 2.4, 2.1, 1.73,
     1.03, 1.4, 1.1, 2.9, 3.1, 5.7, 2.69, 2.7, 3.1, 1.3, 1.85,
     0.6, 1.5, 1.1, 1.5, 4.2, 3.8, 4.4, 2.5, 3.2, 2.61, 1.94,
     2.1, 2.1, 1, 0.57, 2.2, 5, 3.02, 2.8, 1.7, 3.08, 5, 2.54,
     2.7, 1.6, 0.1, 0.5, 2.6, 5.35, 3.5, 2.9, 2.3, 2.9, 1.2, 2.47,
     0.6, 0.25)), row.names = c(NA, -162L), class = "data.frame")

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Bert Gunter-2
Well, you might try ?xyplot -- in particular the "scales" list section
and in particular there the "tck" parameter. Adding
tck = c(1, 0)
to the "scales ="  list will probably solve your problem.

-- Bert


On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>    Every lattice xyplot() I've created before this one has tick marks on only
> the left and bottom axes. The current plot has sprouted tick marks on the
> top and right side, too, and I want to remove them. I've not found an answer
> to this issue in Deepayan's book or on the web. I would appreciate also
> learning why the extra tick marks appeared. The dput() data are included.
>
>    The plotting command;
>
> rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'h',
>                         main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
>                         xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
>                         scales = list(x = list(at = seq(1,162,by=6), cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))
>
> plot(rain.all.sum)
>
>    The data:
>
> structure(list(Month = structure(1:162, .Label = c("2005-01",
> "2005-02", "2005-03", "2005-04", "2005-05", "2005-06", "2005-07",
> "2005-08", "2005-09", "2005-10", "2005-11", "2005-12", "2006-01",
> "2006-02", "2006-03", "2006-04", "2006-05", "2006-06", "2006-07",
> "2006-08", "2006-09", "2006-10", "2006-11", "2006-12", "2007-01",
> "2007-02", "2007-03", "2007-04", "2007-05", "2007-06", "2007-07",
> "2007-08", "2007-09", "2007-10", "2007-11", "2007-12", "2008-01",
> "2008-02", "2008-03", "2008-04", "2008-05", "2008-06", "2008-07",
> "2008-08", "2008-09", "2008-10", "2008-11", "2008-12", "2009-01",
> "2009-02", "2009-03", "2009-04", "2009-05", "2009-06", "2009-07",
> "2009-08", "2009-09", "2009-10", "2009-11", "2009-12", "2010-01",
> "2010-02", "2010-03", "2010-04", "2010-05", "2010-06", "2010-07",
> "2010-08", "2010-09", "2010-10", "2010-11", "2010-12", "2011-01",
> "2011-02", "2011-03", "2011-04", "2011-05", "2011-06", "2011-07",
> "2011-08", "2011-09", "2011-10", "2011-11", "2011-12", "2012-01",
> "2012-02", "2012-03", "2012-04", "2012-05", "2012-06", "2012-07",
> "2012-08", "2012-09", "2012-10", "2012-11", "2012-12", "2013-01",
> "2013-02", "2013-03", "2013-04", "2013-05", "2013-06", "2013-07",
> "2013-08", "2013-09", "2013-10", "2013-11", "2013-12", "2014-01",
> "2014-02", "2014-03", "2014-04", "2014-05", "2014-06", "2014-07",
> "2014-08", "2014-09", "2014-10", "2014-11", "2014-12", "2015-01",
> "2015-02", "2015-03", "2015-04", "2015-05", "2015-06", "2015-07",
> "2015-08", "2015-09", "2015-10", "2015-11", "2015-12", "2016-01",
> "2016-02", "2016-03", "2016-04", "2016-05", "2016-06", "2016-07",
> "2016-08", "2016-09", "2016-10", "2016-11", "2016-12", "2017-01",
> "2017-02", "2017-03", "2017-04", "2017-05", "2017-06", "2017-07",
> "2017-08", "2017-09", "2017-10", "2017-11", "2017-12", "2018-01",
> "2018-02", "2018-03", "2018-04", "2018-05", "2018-06"), class = "factor"),
>      Sum = c(53.51, 24.2, 88.54, 72.85, 77.3, 49.19, 8.77, 5.75,
>      27.83, 79.75, 123.89, 168.29, 229.69, 70.91, 74.15, 62.3,
>      43.56, 35.08, 3.6, 2.76, 26.83, 47.72, 293.23, 139.84, 103.48,
>      120.91, 85.96, 55.91, 26.56, 29.44, 9.9, 15.38, 33.47, 93.6,
>      105.61, 277.41, 279.38, 144.26, 220.88, 149.75, 82.28, 55.87,
>      5.29, 52.27, 21.1, 64.76, 182.31, 207.13, 196.29, 89.27,
>      187.72, 111.67, 111.72, 38.19, 6.07, 15.25, 52.46, 127.75,
>      208.43, 146.62, 169.34, 94.54, 154.21, 131.39, 151.27, 135.46,
>      9.98, 8.72, 86.67, 142.04, 225.61, 274.93, 196.68, 153.24,
>      263.54, 231.49, 122.23, 58.26, 34.65, 2.96, 28.21, 103.92,
>      217.52, 166.16, 305.27, 168.73, 333.28, 145.68, 101.2, 127.77,
>      15.41, 1.85, 3.49, 245.99, 272.35, 297.05, 177.17, 105.71,
>      118.44, 136.34, 161.01, 53.31, 1.15, 23.43, 200.97, 69.12,
>      158.51, 131.67, 156.95, 266.38, 291.7, 147.15, 101.49, 78.89,
>      26.99, 24.35, 35.76, 210.2, 225.55, 282.85, 153.91, 148.13,
>      187.03, 133.99, 62.28, 17.58, 13.41, 35.58, 47.04, 154.92,
>      317.77, 604.04, 288.91, 210.86, 266.04, 121.62, 78.17, 85.96,
>      29.84, 7.02, 72.13, 404.33, 247.71, 255.5, 138.22, 339.5,
>      368.99, 209.41, 110.08, 63.9, 0.62, 6.97, 133.75, 227.1,
>      312.99, 178.58, 255.8, 155.05, 135.27, 225.55, 15.23, 1.58
>      ), Median = c(0.01, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0.1,
>      0.04, 0.5, 0, 0.1, 0.07, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.57, 0.03, 0,
>      0.2, 0.055, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.21, 0.21, 0.02, 0.2,
>      0.11, 0.02, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.165, 0.01, 0.01, 0.15,
>      0.01, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0.125, 0, 0.1, 0.08, 0.055, 0.1,
>      0.13, 0.01, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.2, 0.17, 0.02, 0.07, 0.23, 0.15,
>      0.06, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.03, 0.1, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.07, 0, 0.02,
>      0, 0, 0, 0.04, 0.115, 0.24, 0.02, 0.03, 0.01, 0.01, 0.02,
>      0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.02, 0, 0, 0.2, 0.18, 0.05, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
>      0.08, 0.07, 0.1, 0, 0.01, 0, 0.02, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.09,
>      0.4, 0.18, 0.1, 0.2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.29, 0.09, 0.09,
>      0, 0.26, 0.3, 0.16, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.25, 0, 0.16, 0.03,
>      0.02, 0.08, 0, 0), Max = c(3, 1.1, 3.2, 1.2, 1.6, 1.48, 0.8,
>      0.6, 3.2, 4.9, 3.1, 3.63, 3.4, 2.6, 2, 3.25, 1.6, 2.1, 0.4,
>      0.5, 1.1, 2, 6.6, 3.2, 3.6, 5.8, 2.3, 1.7, 1.3, 1.2, 1, 2.1,
>      2, 3, 3, 5.9, 3.3, 2.9, 5.2, 1.8, 1.4, 2.2, 0.6, 2.5, 1.02,
>      2, 4.4, 3.6, 5.3, 2.2, 2.7, 2.5, 1.5, 1.4, 0.8, 1.4, 1.4,
>      2.11, 2.1, 3.3, 3.12, 1.3, 2.4, 1.5, 2.4, 3.5, 0.9, 1.3,
>      2.77, 2, 3.2, 2.6, 5.4, 3.4, 2.87, 2.6, 1.6, 1.4, 1.2, 0.2,
>      0.91, 2.1, 2.2, 5.2, 4.75, 2.3, 3.4, 2.67, 1.8, 1.9, 0.61,
>      0.2, 0.2, 3.4, 3.65, 3.1, 3.15, 2.2, 2, 2.7, 2.3, 1.18, 0.2,
>      2.1, 3.3, 1.7, 2.47, 8.8, 2.8, 3.27, 3.29, 2.4, 2.1, 1.73,
>      1.03, 1.4, 1.1, 2.9, 3.1, 5.7, 2.69, 2.7, 3.1, 1.3, 1.85,
>      0.6, 1.5, 1.1, 1.5, 4.2, 3.8, 4.4, 2.5, 3.2, 2.61, 1.94,
>      2.1, 2.1, 1, 0.57, 2.2, 5, 3.02, 2.8, 1.7, 3.08, 5, 2.54,
>      2.7, 1.6, 0.1, 0.5, 2.6, 5.35, 3.5, 2.9, 2.3, 2.9, 1.2, 2.47,
>      0.6, 0.25)), row.names = c(NA, -162L), class = "data.frame")
>
> Rich
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard
In reply to this post by Rich Shepard
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> Well, you might try ?xyplot -- in particular the "scales" list section
> and in particular there the "tck" parameter. Adding
> tck = c(1, 0)
> to the "scales ="  list will probably solve your problem.

Bert,

   I missed the end of the tck description in the book (the same text as the
help file but with more information) where it mentions that tck can be a
vector of length 2 where the first element affects the left/bottom axes and
the second element affects the right/top axes. I also did not grok turning
the first element on and the second element off.

   Now I wonder why this wasn't an issue before now in the xyplots I created.

Thanks much,

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard
In reply to this post by Bert Gunter-2
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> Adding
> tck = c(1, 0)
> to the "scales ="  list will probably solve your problem.

Bert,

   How interesting. This removed the tick marks on top but left them on the
right axes. Will think more about this.

Regards,

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Bert Gunter-2
??

Not when I run your code with the tck specification added. Show us
your xyplot invocation. It should be
scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x= etc.)

Bert

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 3:51 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:
>
> > Adding
> > tck = c(1, 0)
> > to the "scales ="  list will probably solve your problem.
>
> Bert,
>
>    How interesting. This removed the tick marks on top but left them on the
> right axes. Will think more about this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> Not when I run your code with the tck specification added. Show us
> your xyplot invocation. It should be
> scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x= etc.)

Bert,

   Command:

rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'h',
                        main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
                        xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
                        scales = list(x = list(tck = c(1, 0), at = seq(1,162,by=6),
                                               cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))

rain.all.sum.pdf attached.

Regards,

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

rain.all.sum.pdf (8K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Bert Gunter-2
As I thought, you did not do what I told you to.

Look *carefully* at the two to see your error.

-- Bert


On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:01 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:
>
> > Not when I run your code with the tck specification added. Show us
> > your xyplot invocation. It should be
> > scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x= etc.)
>
> Bert,
>
>    Command:
>
> rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'h',
>                         main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
>                         xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
>                         scales = list(x = list(tck = c(1, 0), at = seq(1,162,by=6),
>                                                cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))
>
> rain.all.sum.pdf attached.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> As I thought, you did not do what I told you to.
> Look *carefully* at the two to see your error.

Bert,

   You're correct, of course. After moving the tck parameter in front of the
x list the right-side ticks are gone. Unfortunately, so are the data: the
panel is empty.

   Corrected command:

rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'p, h',
                        main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
                        xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
                        scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x = list(at = seq(1,162,by=6),
                                               cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))

   Tomorrow I'll work on why the panel display disappeared along with the
right axes tick marks. Parentheses all match according to emacs.

Thanks,

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Bert Gunter-2
You do that. Your error is obvious.
-- Bert


On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:39 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:
>
> > As I thought, you did not do what I told you to.
> > Look *carefully* at the two to see your error.
>
> Bert,
>
>    You're correct, of course. After moving the tck parameter in front of the
> x list the right-side ticks are gone. Unfortunately, so are the data: the
> panel is empty.
>
>    Corrected command:
>
> rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'p, h',
>                         main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
>                         xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
>                         scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x = list(at = seq(1,162,by=6),
>                                                cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))
>
>    Tomorrow I'll work on why the panel display disappeared along with the
> right axes tick marks. Parentheses all match according to emacs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undesired tick marks on top, right axes [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> You do that. Your error is obvious.

Bert,

   Yep. Forgot to remove the 'p' from the type attribute.

Mea culpa!

Rich

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.