Unexpected YAML

JLucke
R Users:

Whenever I fire up R, I now get the following message (red) at the end of
the prologue.

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) -- "Feather Spray"
Copyright (C) 2018 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’

How do I get rid of it?
Joe

Re: Unexpected YAML

Rich Shepard
On Mon, 30 Jul 2018, [hidden email] wrote:

> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’
> How do I get rid of it?

Joe,

   Easiest way is to install it:

> install.packages("yaml")

Rich

Re: Unexpected YAML

Rui Barradas

Maybe R is loading a previously saved session.
Check whether you have a file named .RData in your working directory.
(This is not a file extension, it's the full filename.)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 20:14 de 30-07-2018, [hidden email] escreveu:

> R Users:
>
> Whenever I fire up R, I now get the following message (red) at the end of
> the prologue.
>
> R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) -- "Feather Spray"
> Copyright (C) 2018 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>
> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>
> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>
> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>
> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’
>
> How do I get rid of it?
> Joe

Re: Unexpected YAML

R help mailing list-2
.RData does not save any info abut previously loaded packages - so this would not cause the problem.

Rainer

> On 30 Jul 2018, at 21:27, Rui Barradas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Maybe R is loading a previously saved session.
> Check whether you have a file named .RData in your working directory.
> (This is not a file extension, it's the full filename.)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Rui Barradas
>
> Às 20:14 de 30-07-2018, [hidden email] escreveu:
>> R Users:
>> Whenever I fire up R, I now get the following message (red) at the end of
>> the prologue.
>> R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) -- "Feather Spray"
>> Copyright (C) 2018 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
>> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
>> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
>> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
>> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
>> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
>> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’
>> How do I get rid of it?
>> Joe
>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

University of Zürich

Cell:       +41 (0)78 630 66 57
email:      [hidden email]
Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

Re: Unexpected YAML

PIKAL Petr
Hi

However if in .RData is an object created by "yaml" and the package is not loaded it could cause this message. It was similar with ggplot objects if ggplot2 is not loaded.

Removing this object and saving session to update .RData can help.

Cheers
Petr

Osobní údaje: Informace o zpracování a ochraně osobních údajů obchodních partnerů PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zveřejněny na: https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information about processing and protection of business partner’s personal data are available on website: https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
Důvěrnost: Tento e-mail a jakékoliv k němu připojené dokumenty jsou důvěrné a podléhají tomuto právně závaznému prohláąení o vyloučení odpovědnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: Unexpected YAML

Jeff Newmiller
... or deleting .RData and avoiding creating them in the future. Named save files (anything.RData) are useful but the autoload feature of .RData files is not and this particular behavior is one of the reasons why.