attached base packages:
 stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base
loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 compiler_3.4.2 nlme_3.1-131 grid_3.4.2 lattice_0.20-35
Where Rdevega was edited as folows:
# The system-wide copy is in rwxxxx/etc.
# A user copy can be installed in `R_USER'.
# Format is
# [TT] face:style
# where style is plain, bold, italic or bold&italic.
# If 'TT' is present, only TrueType/OpenType fonts are searched.
# (a) Windows graphics engine can only rotate TrueType fonts;
# (b) Only the first 32 fonts will be used.
I find unexpected that the family name is still "TT Arial" although the font when ploting or using text() for annotation in graphics employs the font selected in the Rdevga file (Verdana in this case).
I searched all documentation and the Net and the answer to this puzzle eluded me, so if not a bug, I find this very unexpected!