Using LAPACK in C-code to be loaded in R - getting-started-help

Using LAPACK in C-code to be loaded in R - getting-started-help

Søren Højsgaard
I want to speed up computations (involving matrices) by writing some C-code to be loaded. In the C-code, I need to invert matrices etc. As I've understood the "writing R extensions" doc, I can use use #include <R_ext/Linpack.h> in my .c-file and get access to linpack's facilities within my C-code.

Is that correct?

If so, can anyone point me to examples on how this is actually done in practice?

Best regards
Søren

Re: Using LAPACK in C-code to be loaded in R - getting-started-help

Brian Ripley
Are you talking about LAPACK (title) or LINPACK (body)?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Søren Højsgaard wrote:

> I want to speed up computations (involving matrices) by writing some
> C-code to be loaded. In the C-code, I need to invert matrices etc. As
> I've understood the "writing R extensions" doc, I can use use #include
> <R_ext/Linpack.h> in my .c-file and get access to linpack's facilities
> within my C-code.
>
> Is that correct?

Only for some of the functions listed in that file: please consult it.

> If so, can anyone point me to examples on how this is actually done in
> practice?

On CRAN,

Linpack: RandomFields fracdiff glmmML mgcv
LAPACK: lots, e.g, MNP kernlab knncat rmetasim supclust