Using MAANOVA functions

Heather Maughan
Dear R-users:

I am using the package MAANOVA to analyze microarray data and have
encountered problems when trying to plot data.  I have tried emailing a
MAANOVA discussion group, as well as the author of the package, and have not
yet received a response so I am hoping that someone on this listserv can be
of assistance.

There are several functions in MAANOVA (riplot, resiplot) which call the
"plot" function.  For some unknown reason, when I use these functions, it
appears that "xlim" has not been specified and I get an error (see below).
However, when reading the code for each function, a command for how to
calculate "xlim" has been specified but for some reason it does not get
done.  Does anyone have experience using MAANOVA commands and is willing to
help?

Here is an example of the error I get.  It is identical also for the
"resiplot" command:

> riplot(spore)
Error in plot.window(xlim, ylim, log, asp, ...) :
    need finite 'xlim' values

Many thanks,
Heather

Re: Using MAANOVA functions

Brian Ripley
The key word is 'finite'.

You have either infinite or missing values on 'xlim' being based to the
plotting functions.  The message does not say that 'xlim' does not exist,
rather than it has incorrect values.