VR (looking for MASS) on OS X

John Christie
        Hey, when did I lose MASS?  Anyway, I found the VR package but she's
not compiling on OS X.  Any tips?  Yes, I have the developer tools
and Fortran.  Could someone send me a compiled package?

Re: VR (looking for MASS) on OS X

Uwe Ligges
John Christie wrote:

> Hey, when did I lose MASS?  Anyway, I found the VR package but she's
> not compiling on OS X.  Any tips?  Yes, I have the developer tools
> and Fortran.  Could someone send me a compiled package?

Package bundle VR (and hence package MASS) is included in release
versions of R.

A precompiled binary is available on CRAN, simply type
   install.packages("VR", type="mac.binary")
and it will be installed, if you have a runnig internet connection.

Uwe Ligges

Re: VR (looking for MASS) on OS X

John Christie
OK, that worked great.  But, oddly enough, in the Mac OS X version of
R the packages are not in the distribution, and VR does not come up
as a binary in the GUI (only as source).

Anyway, it didn't come up for me.  I did try reinstalling.