Vibration signal prediction in R

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vibration signal prediction in R

Dhivya Narayanasamy
I have a vibration signal coming accelerometer. I converted this signal from*
m/s^2* to *mm/s*. Now I am supposed to predict this vibration signal in R
using historical data. (Please see the attached picture of vibration
signal).

Can I use this vibration signal just like that to the prediction using
predictive Models or Do i need to do some processing technique before doing
prediction?  Are there any blogs or websites for this vibration prediction
using R ? All i could found was blogs using "fft" function on vibration in
R. but My aim is to do *prediction of vibration signal in time domain*
using packages in R.

I am interested to know how this signal can be used in prediction in R? Any
help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Dhivya
______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vibration signal prediction in R

David Winsemius

> On Aug 23, 2017, at 10:06 PM, Dhivya Narayanasamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a vibration signal coming accelerometer. I converted this signal from*
> m/s^2* to *mm/s*. Now I am supposed to predict this vibration signal in R
> using historical data. (Please see the attached picture of vibration
> signal).

The dimensional analysis of the second sentence does not make scientific sense.

The parenthetical sentence might be true but if so you failed. Probably because you did not pay sufficient attention to the information describing the requirements for posting to this mailing list.
>
> Can I use this vibration signal just like that to the prediction using
> predictive Models or Do i need to do some processing technique before doing
> prediction?  Are there any blogs or websites for this vibration prediction
> using R ?

On rhew first page of a google search for "prediction time domain with R" I see:

http://facebookincubator.github.io/prophet/

> All i could found was blogs using "fft" function on vibration in
> R.

Something like this?
"Vibration Spectral Analysis to Predict Asset Failures by Integrating R in SASĀ® Asset Performance Analytics"

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0527-2017.pdf


> but My aim is to do *prediction of vibration signal in time domain*
> using packages in R.

Have you searched on other plausible terms? Say "reliability analysis"?

>
> I am interested to know how this signal can be used in prediction in R? Any
> help is much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> Dhivya
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see

Please read the foollowing links.

> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vibration signal prediction in R

barry rowlingson
In reply to this post by Dhivya Narayanasamy
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, David Winsemius <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> > On Aug 23, 2017, at 10:06 PM, Dhivya Narayanasamy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a vibration signal coming accelerometer. I converted this signal
> from*
> > m/s^2* to *mm/s*. Now I am supposed to predict this vibration signal in R
> > using historical data. (Please see the attached picture of vibration
> > signal).
>
> The dimensional analysis of the second sentence does not make scientific
> sense.
>
>
Not so! If you know the initial v and a(t) you can compute v(t) by
integration.

For example if you drop something then v(0)=0, a(t)=-g, then you can
compute v(t)

The question has been posted to Data Science Stack Exchange if anyone wants
to see the picture...

https://datascience.stackexchange.com/questions/22466/processing-the-vibration-signal-before-prediction

Barry

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.