Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated (in R CMD check)

Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated (in R CMD check)

hadley wickham
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
manual.

I don't get any other warnings or errors.  Can anyone suggest what the
problem might be? (R2.3.0, OS X)

Thanks,

Hadley

Re: Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated (in R CMD check)

Duncan Murdoch
On 5/10/2006 5:58 AM, hadley wickham wrote:
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
> Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
> Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
> See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
> manual.
>
> I don't get any other warnings or errors.  Can anyone suggest what the
> problem might be? (R2.3.0, OS X)

I'd guess you're using a pre-release version of 2.3.0.  If that's not
it, then it may be an error in your package, using envir=NULL some place
you shouldn't (but that doesn't explain why the error arose where it did).

If neither of those apply, I'd like to try to duplicate the error.
Could you send me a tarball of the package?

Re: Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated (in R CMD check)

hadley wickham
> I don't get any other warnings or errors.  Can anyone suggest what the
> problem might be? (R2.3.0, OS X)

For reference: the problem was caused by having dependent packages
that been installed prior to R 2.3.0.

Hadley