Quantcast

What is RDA file and how to open it in R program?

What is RDA file and how to open it in R program?

Jittima Piriyapongsa
Hi,

I have a set of gene expression data in .RDA file. I have downloaded
Bioconductor and R program for analyzing these data. Anyway, I am not sure how
to open this RDA file in R program (what is the command?) in order to look at
these data. And which package should I use for analyzing it e.g. plot the
expression image?

Thank you.
Jittima

Re: What is RDA file and how to open it in R program?

Bjørn-Helge Mevik
Jittima Piriyapongsa wrote:

> I have a set of gene expression data in .RDA file. I have downloaded
> Bioconductor and R program for analyzing these data. Anyway, I am not sure how
> to open this RDA file in R program (what is the command?) in order to look at
> these data.

load("filename.RDA")

(.RDA (or .rda) is short for .RData (or .rdata :-).  It is the usual
file format for saving R objects to file (with save() or
save.image()).)

> And which package should I use for analyzing it e.g. plot the
> expression image?

That depends entirely on what is inside the file.  The best idea is
probably to ask the one(s) who created the file.

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik

Re: What is RDA file and how to open it in R program?

wl2776
attach("file.RDA") # attaching the file to R, all its variables become 'visible'
# it should be on the 2nd position of the search path.
# see ?search
ls(2) # list everything in 2nd position of the search path

You can also load() this file.
In this case all data from this file will be loaded to the global environment and mixed with those already existing in it.