What's wrong with Rcmdr?

LosemindL
Hi all,

I successfully installed Rcmdr. And I type "library(Rcmdr)", nothing
happened;

or if I select menu item "load package" and select "Rcmdr", still nothing
happened...

Why didn't Rcmdr start?

Very strangely, if I close the R console and restart R console, every first
time I load "Rcmdr", it starts! But not second, third time...

What's wrong with it?

Thanks a lot!

Michael.

Re: What's wrong with Rcmdr?

Stefano Calza
Try using

Commander()

but, obviously, the first time.

HIH,
Ste

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:11:23AM -0800, Michael wrote:
<Michael>Hi all,
<Michael>
<Michael>I successfully installed Rcmdr. And I type "library(Rcmdr)", nothing
<Michael>happened;
<Michael>
<Michael>or if I select menu item "load package" and select "Rcmdr", still nothing
<Michael>happened...
<Michael>
<Michael>Why didn't Rcmdr start?
<Michael>
<Michael>Very strangely, if I close the R console and restart R console, every first
<Michael>time I load "Rcmdr", it starts! But not second, third time...
<Michael>
<Michael>What's wrong with it?
<Michael>
<Michael>Thanks a lot!
<Michael>
<Michael>Michael.
<Michael>
<Michael> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
<Michael>
<Michael>______________________________________________
<Michael>[hidden email] mailing list
<Michael>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help

Re: What's wrong with Rcmdr?

Philippe Grosjean
I am afraid that you must be a little bit more "verbose" on your
problem. You do not provide enough information to spot your problem.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean

Michael wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I successfully installed Rcmdr. And I type "library(Rcmdr)", nothing
> happened;
>
> or if I select menu item "load package" and select "Rcmdr", still nothing
> happened...
>
> Why didn't Rcmdr start?
>
> Very strangely, if I close the R console and restart R console, every first
> time I load "Rcmdr", it starts! But not second, third time...
>
> What's wrong with it?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Michael.

Re: What's wrong with Rcmdr?

LosemindL
> Commander()
Error: couldn't find function "Commander"

On 1/26/06, Stefano Calza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try using
>
> Commander()
>
> but, obviously, the first time.
>
> HIH,
> Ste
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:11:23AM -0800, Michael wrote:
> <Michael>Hi all,
> <Michael>
> <Michael>I successfully installed Rcmdr. And I type "library(Rcmdr)",
> nothing
> <Michael>happened;
> <Michael>
> <Michael>or if I select menu item "load package" and select "Rcmdr", still
> nothing
> <Michael>happened...
> <Michael>
> <Michael>Why didn't Rcmdr start?
> <Michael>
> <Michael>Very strangely, if I close the R console and restart R console,
> every first
> <Michael>time I load "Rcmdr", it starts! But not second, third time...
> <Michael>
> <Michael>What's wrong with it?
> <Michael>
> <Michael>Thanks a lot!
> <Michael>
> <Michael>Michael.
> <Michael>
> <Michael>       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> <Michael>
> <Michael>______________________________________________
> <Michael>[hidden email] mailing list
> <Michael>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> <Michael>PLEASE do read the posting guide!

Re: What's wrong with Rcmdr?

Stefano Calza
Ok, let's see:

1) library(Rcmdr) -> RCommander should start (you say it does)
2) Close R Commander but NOT R.
3) To restart RCommander use Commander()

Is this what you are looking for?

HIH,
Ste

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:32:01AM -0800, Michael wrote:
<Michael>> Commander()
<Michael>Error: couldn't find function "Commander"
<Michael>
<Michael>
<Michael>On 1/26/06, Stefano Calza <[hidden email]> wrote:
<Michael>>
<Michael>> Try using
<Michael>>
<Michael>> Commander()
<Michael>>
<Michael>> but, obviously, the first time.
<Michael>>
<Michael>> HIH,
<Michael>> Ste
<Michael>>
<Michael>> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:11:23AM -0800, Michael wrote:
<Michael>> <Michael>Hi all,
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>I successfully installed Rcmdr. And I type "library(Rcmdr)",
<Michael>> nothing
<Michael>> <Michael>happened;
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>or if I select menu item "load package" and select "Rcmdr", still
<Michael>> nothing
<Michael>> <Michael>happened...
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>Why didn't Rcmdr start?
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>Very strangely, if I close the R console and restart R console,
<Michael>> every first
<Michael>> <Michael>time I load "Rcmdr", it starts! But not second, third time...
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>What's wrong with it?
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>Thanks a lot!
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>Michael.
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
<Michael>> <Michael>
<Michael>> <Michael>______________________________________________
<Michael>> <Michael>[hidden email] mailing list
<Michael>> <Michael>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
<Michael>> <Michael>PLEASE do read the posting guide!
<Michael>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
<Michael>>
<Michael>> ______________________________________________
<Michael>> [hidden email] mailing list
<Michael>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
<Michael>> PLEASE do read the posting guide!
<Michael>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
<Michael>>
<Michael>
<Michael> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
<Michael>
<Michael>______________________________________________
<Michael>[hidden email] mailing list
<Michael>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help

Re: What's wrong with Rcmdr?

Fox, John
Dear Michael,

To elaborate slightly: You can't load the same package twice in an R
session. As mentioned, used Commander() to restart the Rcmdr GUI.

I hope this helps,
 John

--------------------------------
John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada L8S 4M4
905-525-9140x23604
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox
--------------------------------

thanks everyone, another problem is I cannot load Rcmdr at all in SCIView...
what might be the problem?

Michael wrote:
> thanks everyone, another problem is I cannot load Rcmdr at all in SCIView...
> what might be the problem?

Not a problem, but a version incompatibility: SciViews is compiled for a
given version of R and Rcmdr (the one on the Web site is for R 2.2.0 and
Rcmdr 1.0-3... that is, not the latest ones). I still have to upload
latest SciViews version compatible with both latest versions.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean