When was the script editor introduced in Rgui for windows?

When was the script editor introduced in Rgui for windows?

Søren Højsgaard-2
Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me when the script editor was introduced in the Rgui on windows? (And/or where to look for a listing of changes throughout history).

Best regards
Søren

Re: When was the script editor introduced in Rgui for windows?

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 26/01/2018 11:08 AM, Søren Højsgaard wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Can anyone please tell me when the script editor was introduced in the Rgui on windows? (And/or where to look for a listing of changes throughout history).

There are two places to look for changes:  the NEWS* files, and the
Subversion change log.  You can find the former if you run

help.start()

Only the current NEWS file has a main link, but there are links to the
older ones at the bottom of it.

The script editor is really old.  It first appeared in R 2.0.0, with an
entry in the Windows-specific news file CHANGES.   (The CHANGES file is
only linked into the help system on Windows.  Since R 2.15.0 Windows
changes are announced in the same file(s) as other changes.)  The
CHANGES entry was

- Added Rgui script editor by Chris Jackson.

This happened in svn revision 28991, which I committed in April, 2004.