Where to get support for Rserve?

R help mailing list-2
Hello,

I'm using Rserve with Java and although it works OK for 50 or 60 requests, eventually Rserve simply stops responding and I have to force-quit and restart Rserve. During this time the JVM is fine and Tomcat (app server) is fine, too.

The basic Java code does this:
1. Create an R Connection
2. Execute an R Script via Rserve "eval" statements
3. Close the R Connection.

I was going to use a memory profiler to see what was going on but Tomcat is not showing any Java-code memory leaks.

Looking at the Rserve page, I see everything about the Rseve author...except for a way to contact him (unless I somehow missed that.)

This may not be the correct R forum to ask this question, but I need to start somewhere.

*** Note, in the past I've posted messages like this to the R developer forum only to be told that that programming forum is not the right forum as it's only for "pure" R programming ***

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

- M

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.

Re: Where to get support for Rserve?

Bert Gunter-2
?maintainer

## i.e.

maintainer("rserve")

Also, please search. A web search on simply "rserve" brought up what
appeared to be many relevant hits.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Morkus via R-help <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Rserve with Java and although it works OK for 50 or 60 requests,
> eventually Rserve simply stops responding and I have to force-quit and
> restart Rserve. During this time the JVM is fine and Tomcat (app server) is
> fine, too.
>
> The basic Java code does this:
> 1. Create an R Connection
> 2. Execute an R Script via Rserve "eval" statements
> 3. Close the R Connection.
>
> I was going to use a memory profiler to see what was going on but Tomcat
> is not showing any Java-code memory leaks.
>
> Looking at the Rserve page, I see everything about the Rseve
> author...except for a way to contact him (unless I somehow missed that.)
>
> This may not be the correct R forum to ask this question, but I need to
> start somewhere.
>
> *** Note, in the past I've posted messages like this to the R developer
> forum only to be told that that programming forum is not the right forum as
> it's only for "pure" R programming ***
>
> Would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - M
>
> Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted
> email.

> posting-guide.html

Re: Where to get support for Rserve?

R help mailing list-2
> I see everything about the Rseve author...except for a way
> to contact him (unless I somehow missed that.)

Look at the BugReports and Maintainer components of
packageDescription("Rserve").
Use the former if it exists - it is typically a URL.  The latter is also
given by
maintainer("Rserve").

Or use utils::bug.report(package="Rserve") to make a bug report on the
package.  It
uses the above logic to decide how to submit the report.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com

wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Rserve with Java and although it works OK for 50 or 60 requests,
> eventually Rserve simply stops responding and I have to force-quit and
> restart Rserve. During this time the JVM is fine and Tomcat (app server) is
> fine, too.
>
> The basic Java code does this:
> 1. Create an R Connection
> 2. Execute an R Script via Rserve "eval" statements
> 3. Close the R Connection.
>
> I was going to use a memory profiler to see what was going on but Tomcat
> is not showing any Java-code memory leaks.
>
> Looking at the Rserve page, I see everything about the Rseve
> author...except for a way to contact him (unless I somehow missed that.)
>
> This may not be the correct R forum to ask this question, but I need to
> start somewhere.
>
> *** Note, in the past I've posted messages like this to the R developer
> forum only to be told that that programming forum is not the right forum as
> it's only for "pure" R programming ***
>
> Would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - M
>
> Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted
> email.

> posting-guide.html

Re: Where to get support for Rserve?

R help mailing list-2
Hey Bert,

That's super helpful (maintainer ("rserve")). I had no idea. :)

So much good stuff right there in R.

I didn't find any relevant hits looking on the web for my particular problem, but I'll email the maintainer.

Thanks very much.